• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1000 Posts?!

_Pyrrhic

District 13
Reaction score

Hello everyone! Welp! This is my 1,000th message on the MCGamer forums! I know, I know, I’m a slacker. But today, I have a very special story (to me at least) to share!

I’m going to be talking about the process I went through in trying to get moderator. It was a very long process, in fact it took me just over 3 months to get mod.

Okay! So let us begin!

A couple months prior, I finally got platinum donor along with my friend, we played MCGamer daily. This was in the summer, however, near mid November, I wanted to be a part of the server more. Having had just donated wasn’t enough for me anymore. I loved MCGamer lots, so I had the amazing idea, “Hey, why don’t I apply for mod?”. I already knew of three awesome mods, StarWilly12, TheLastGapple, and RishSA|Imaboss2414 . I wanted to be able to help the server in every way I could. So, On November 28th, I sent in my first application! I thought it was a good application, very well written in my opinion, so I figured I would get accepted immediately. (I didn’t know about pending). On November 30th I woke up to a wonderful email from MCGamer :

I wasn’t that upset, but it still saddened me a bit. However, I wasn’t going to give up yet. I submitted another application on the 30th of that same month. And that night I received this email :

This wasn’t very encouraging, but I decided to submit another application on December 1st. And on December 4th I got the long awaited email :

My hope was beginning to waver, and I decided that i would give it one more shot. I submitted another application on the 6th, and got a response on the 9th :

Finally! I got something other than “DENIED” I was so happy. I then got this email :

I went onto teamspeak, requested my waiting rank, and waited patiently with my waiting buddies, Riptide , _Gamer_FTW , and Cueue | David .

On December 24th, I got my interview. It was 11pm at night, and it was very lengthy and stressful. Unfortunately, I was denied in the interview stage.

However, I was much more determined now; I had made it so far, I wasn’t about to give up. I applied again and went through the three stages again. Pending, Interview, Denied.

I decided I would apply ONE more time. I went through the stages again, Pending, Interview..

And then FINALLY, I got accepted on my third interview, 7th application! :D I was so so happy, and shocked, I never thought I would get accepted. I was accepted March 5th, 2015.

That is my, very, lengthy story of how I came to become a staff member.

Who would’ve guessed that 7 months after being hired as mod, I would be offered a trial as a Sr Mod. I wasn’t expecting it, but it was amazing.

I love being a part of this staff team, and I love everyone in the staff team.

Thanks for reading my thread, have a great day!
I love you all, just a reminder.

David

Career
Reaction score
Congrats! I'm so glad we were able to become good friends from the beginning, and I hope to see this friendship grow even more.

Omar

District 13
Reaction score
Omg the struggle ;-; I'm glad you made it to where you are now, you most definitely deserve it!

Reaction score
Congrats! I liked that you never gave up, you kept trying and trying until the staff team finally wanted you. I love seeing that kind of attitude!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci