• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

11 Useful Tips in Survival Games

GibbleHD

Spectator
Reaction score
Here are some useful tips I have collected and used over my SG servers time.
1). Use secondary weapons, if you have a flint and steel, light them on fire, if you have a fishing rod, hit them back, etc.
2). Don't waste arrows on people that are far away, you'll miss 99% of the time and if you get one they'll regen by the time you come at them with a sword or axe.
3). Make golden apples if you have an apple and a gold ingot, very useful item.
4). Don't keep a full inventory, if you kill someone and you have low health and someone's chasing you now, you'll be able to pick up some useful items instead of leaving it all there.
5). When throwing items you don't need on the ground or in a tree, make sure to burn them, because if you don't and someone comes and picks it all up they could have better armor and weaponry now; resulting in a tougher fight for you.
6). If you have 2 diamonds or 2 iron ingots but don't have sticks, crash a boat if you have one, boats drop sticks.
7). Use F5 instead of looking behind you, that could just save your life.
8). If you're being chased and you need hunger, put down a cake, grab some bites and circle around it so you're attacker can't get you and grab some more bites and run.
9). When running, sprint + jump, you go a bit faster.
10). When running under trees just sprint and hit jump rapidly, it goes a bit faster than just sprinting.
11). Keep your hot-bar up to date, here's what your hot-bar should look like
a. Best weapon
b. Bow (only if you have arrows)
c. Fishing rod
d. Flint and Steel
e. Golden Apple(s)
f. Boat
g. Compass (if you want)
alternate g. Arrows or a Cake
h. Best food (cooked) or a cake if not in g.
i. Best food (cooked)

I hope these tips helped you and good luck with your next survival game!

Reaction score
Not bad, a lot of this is basic, but could help some newer players. God knows I could have used them back in april 2012 :p

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
Useful tips, the hotbar one can go a long way, the items that you have suggested go a long way towards winning games.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
12. Punch everyone to death with more hacks than LeafyGreenTea. (I'm pretty sure it's impossible to have more hacks than him, actually.) JK lol

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
T
thanks for the tips well my tip is kill everybody but not your teams​
That's really a bad tip. If you have a sword. Yeah go for the weak. But first.... Scavenge. Look for food and high ground then if you see someone get prepared for a fight. Don't just punch them or anything because that just means certain death

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
Good tips for a new player. Yet, a player can organize their hotbar in anyway and still be successful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci