• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

12 Player Minimum

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
In all honesty I think MCGamer should bring back the minimum players to a game as 12, recently I've played a few 6 player games and they aren't very fun. I'm also to knowledge that most 6 player matches are abused to get easy wins. I won't call out any names here. In the end 6 player games don't have that survival games feel and I don't think are needed. Thanks for reading the post.

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
I don't see a reason to have 6 player servers. Then again they added them back because at certain times CA and EU barely have any players on, but I'm pretty sure they can fill up 12 players.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't see a reason to have 6 player servers. Then again they added them back because at certain times CA and EU barely have any players on, but I'm pretty sure they can fill up 12 players.
Usually at that point you can just switch to another network anyways, I live in Canada and I play eu and us all the time, more then I play CA

Christian

Experienced
Reaction score
I'd be pretty happy with upping the minimum back to 12. I'd agree with the 6-player matches not exactly having a "Survival Games" feel to it. And, as everyone else has previously stated, players on networks such as CA and AU could focus on concentrating more players in to one game, or just hop over to another network.

EDIT: Having only 6 players also allows, IMO, players to get stacked way too fast off of corn, then they also have untouched routes that they can bulldoze through.

survivor

Survivor
Reaction score
Im fine with 6 players, it's good for EU servers that late at night won't ever reach 12 players

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
It seems as if there are 2 main arguments for keeping 6 player SG starts and raising it to 12.

For one, 6 player SG's make it so that it is much easier to get into games to play, that's something we all want, and for people who play late at night on some of the other servers that don't get filled as much, it's hard to find big servers.

For the people arguing on 12 people servers, they find it that people can be easily called out for "abusing wins", "boosting", and other things. It also takes away from the "Survival Games Feel". It's not like you start out with very few people, no, it's a bloodbath in the beginning then you try to hold your own to the end. Obviously that "Feel" is going to change, but 6 player servers don't support any "Feel".

I'm on board with the 12 person games, first, it can make rules and restrictions on teaming, much more simple, it would clean the community's attitude at people "boosting". And you may say: "Well it'll be impossible to find a game!"
6 player servers separate players and take some time to find a server, try to congregate to one server, it's not that hard.

TL;DR: I agree with the 12-person-minimum idea.

Last edited:

bob_brickman99

Survivor
Reaction score
The thing is, with less players, there is less congestion for good routes. A lot of people go to spawn, loot a chest and sprint off to their route. As a result, the smaller the game, the less people die off spawn. Most, if not all, players actually manage to find decent stuff and it makes for a more even PVP battle.

Besides, it gets way too annoying when your server has 11 people and you have to wait an extra 150 seconds to play...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci