• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

;-;

Do you use ;-;?

• I use it and I see the sad face

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • I don't use it.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I use it but I don't see the sad face

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

Giver

Experienced
Reaction score
I've never actually thought about what I saw this to be, but now that I look at it I kind of see
an.......ant. Hear me out here. Alright so in this ";-;" face those little comma things remind of those pointy things on an the ants head or maybe like there little claws or something like that. Honestly I don't even know how I thought about this, but heres some visual reference pictures for you guys.

See. They've got those things. Ya feel. I still associate that face with being sad though, but just since I was forced to think about it, I guess my mind decided to go a bit crazy since I was bored. :p

Weird times with Eden has been concluded :)
oh my god Eden...

Mistress_Panda

Survivor
Reaction score
;_;
Its obvious. The periods are the eyes. The comma's are the tears. And the underscore is the face

ThatTyle

Platinum
Reaction score
I usually think it means that something bad or sad has happened.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Looking at this thread, it seems that there can be multiple reasons.

For one, this ;-; sign is a bit more convenient to us than going to the faces icon so that's why this is used more.

Another, it seems that emoticons in general have multiple reasons. For some (Ceroria ) it's a sign of face palming, to others, it's just what they see, a sad face. To some, it means something more than that, something bad happened?

This, this thread, is a perfect example to why emoticons in general are so popular. Not only can they convey emotions and ideas and even events through text, a lifeless object, they show who we are, what our opinions are, how we think. It might be a very small thing, but even the smallest piece of text can have the greatest meaning. It all depends now, on how you use it, what you think it means.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci