• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

395 days later....

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Hello!
Recently, I have been putting some thought into something I thought I would never do: resign. After giving it some thought and taking a look at everything, I have come to the conclusion that it would be in my best interest to step down from my moderator position here at MCGamer. I have talked to many people about this, and I have weighed the disadvantages and advantages of this decision; however, the advantages for me outweigh the disadvantages for me and the network. The reasons why are outlined below, if you wish to read.

Lack of time.
I don't know if any of you know, but I have recently gotten a small job. This job takes up 3-4 days a week's afternoon days. In addition, I want to spend more time with my family and outside instead of spending hours a day on the internet. If I continued to take part in moderating, I'd only be able to do it for less than an hour daily, which is very little in terms of getting actual work done.

Stress.
A lot of people think being a staff member is all fun and games, but it's not. It's stressful. With people constantly poking you on TeamSpeak, direct messaging you on the forums, messaging you in-game, and pretty much trying to get in contact with you about everything at once it gets overwhelming. There's hundreds of hackers on any region at any given time, and sometimes only 10-15 moderators online, meaning we each get 3+ hackers to catch in a 10 minute time area before more people want to poke you. Additionally, there's too many tasks to do. With TeamSpeak moderation, the concern about community events I am involved in (it was my choice), chat moderation, forums moderation, and catching hackers, to get the job done, and get it done right, we'd all have to put in 4-5 hours of work daily.

Lack of motivation.
After doing the exact same thing for almost 400 days, you don't feel like doing it anymore. In most professions, things will change on a daily or weekly basis, but with moderation it's the same thing all over again. Doctors have different patients each day, lawyers have entire new cases each day, and businessmen have different things to deal with on a daily basis. The repetitiveness of this has made my motivation go away.

Those 3 are the main reasons, and there are much more; however, it would not be professional for me to go on about those. Now, I would like to take anyone who made my stay here even better: Braden, Col_StaR, Razzledgirl, PleaseTeamIFan, Giggity69Goo, AlpakaWhacker, Nephilim, Frazzli185, Lively, Jodimo, Ceroria, KitMencha, Jimmer, duckluv321, Jon | Ycleped, Axanite, BadgerPig, jtmboy, Kraken, KellieBreanne, Sebastian, TotalDramaTony, and sooooo much more. I know I am forgetting people, and I am sorry to those people. It's been so long I cannot remember everyone.

Once again, thank you and goodbye.

Alloy

Experienced
Reaction score
Hello!
Recently, I have been putting some thought into something I thought I would never do: resign. After giving it some thought and taking a look at everything, I have come to the conclusion that it would be in my best interest to step down from my moderator position here at MCGamer. I have talked to many people about this, and I have weighed the disadvantages and advantages of this decision; however, the advantages for me outweigh the disadvantages for me and the network. The reasons why are outlined below, if you wish to read.

Lack of time.
I don't know if any of you know, but I have recently gotten a small job. This job takes up 3-4 days a week's afternoon days. In addition, I want to spend more time with my family and outside instead of spending hours a day on the internet. If I continued to take part in moderating, I'd only be able to do it for less than an hour daily, which is very little in terms of getting actual work done.

Stress.
A lot of people think being a staff member is all fun and games, but it's not. It's stressful. With people constantly poking you on TeamSpeak, direct messaging you on the forums, messaging you in-game, and pretty much trying to get in contact with you about everything at once it gets overwhelming. There's hundreds of hackers on any region at any given time, and sometimes only 10-15 moderators online, meaning we each get 3+ hackers to catch in a 10 minute time area before more people want to poke you. Additionally, there's too many tasks to do. With TeamSpeak moderation, the concern about community events I am involved in (it was my choice), chat moderation, forums moderation, and catching hackers, to get the job done, and get it done right, we'd all have to put in 4-5 hours of work daily.

Lack of motivation.
After doing the exact same thing for almost 400 days, you don't feel like doing it anymore. In most professions, things will change on a daily or weekly basis, but with moderation it's the same thing all over again. Doctors have different patients each day, lawyers have entire new cases each day, and businessmen have different things to deal with on a daily basis. The repetitiveness of this has made my motivation go away.

Those 3 are the main reasons, and there are much more; however, it would not be professional for me to go on about those. Now, I would like to take anyone who made my stay here even better: Braden, Col_StaR, Razzledgirl, PleaseTeamIFan, Giggity69Goo, AlpakaWhacker, Nephilim, Frazzli185, Lively, Jodimo, Ceroria, KitMencha, Jimmer, duckluv321, Jon | Ycleped, Axanite, BadgerPig, jtmboy, Kraken, KellieBreanne, Sebastian, TotalDramaTony, and sooooo much more. I know I am forgetting people, and I am sorry to those people. It's been so long I cannot remember everyone.

Once again, thank you and goodbye.
Nuuu ;-;

OmerParlakyigtYT

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't want you to go to.There are so many people who want to do this. It is nontraditional.When I imagined it all. Your resignation a little weird.The reasons for resignation, I don't think they're big enough to be required to resign.Anyway, good luck in your life.

I love you :)

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
I don't want you to go to.There are so many people who want to do this. It is nontraditional.When I imagined it all. Your resignation a little weird.The reasons for resignation, I don't think they're big enough to be required to resign.Anyway, good luck in your life.

I love you :)
Like I said, there are more. I put months thought into it, and resigning was my best option, especially after trying a leave of absence.

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
Aww :( , Scott you have been such a great moderator, helped the community in tremendous ways, and show other newbies like us on how to get the moderator job done. I look up to you still and hate to see you leave, get on teamspeak sometime to talk to me! And good luck with your school work, and good luck with your future, friend.

Vigilo

District 13
Reaction score
I understand that you resign. To be completely honest, I saw it coming.

I will miss you and I really wanted to also work with you as a Moderator... However, I wish you a great life and I hope to see you again <3

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Oh Scott, I don't care where you go or what you do, I just want you to be happy and comfortable with life, so please take care and be the best you can wherever you go. You did amazingly here, you care about this place, something only a few actually exhibit, so thank you for everything, and thank you for helping me grow as a person and helping me realize how I needed change in my life. You're an amazing guy Scott, and I wish you the best of luck, and I know this isn't really goodbye, just talk to you later. Love you forever and always, - Your nephew Toenail

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
Literally have no idea how you didn't get Senior Moderator, but oh well..

You were one of the few constant hard-working staff that has been around for ages, MCGamer should will miss you in their staff team.

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
Bye scott, keep safe, you cleansweeping creeper in a hoodie <3 Always will be one of the guards of the cleansweep in my memory :) No matter what. Have a great time :D and we are always here for you :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci