• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff 6 months ago today...

Good story?

• Yeahbsolutely

• YOU NEED TO WRITE LESS ;____;

• carrot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
No, I'm not resigning, I love this place c:

I promised myself I wouldn't write too much... Sorry about that. If you don't read it, at least skim it cause I put a lot of effort into this ;-;

July 19th 2014 was a special day in many ways. I have never been one for sleeping in late, and today was no exception, I'd say I got up before 7am, unable to contain my excitement. This was my first day back from a two week vacation to visit family, attend a camp we go to annually over the summer, and to catch up with all of the things that we've all been doing. It was a great vacation, and this was a solid way to end it off.

Let's go back in time. In April 2013, I showed my first real want to become a moderator here. I had been active within this server for eight months, and I felt as if I was ready to give back. Unfortunately, there were multiple reasons why it was simply a waste of my time. First off, I was 13 at the time. The age limit back then was 15... The application in itself was rather horrendous if I do recall correctly as well. My next attempt came eight months later, on the day of my turning 14 (age limit is still 15). I was so excited. I typed up my application on the day before my birthday, and at midnight on the day of, applied for moderator for the second time. Over the Christmas break, I was responded to by KRaidium, saying that I was too young for the position. Feeling discouraged, I was about to click off of the page and mope about that I'd have to wait another whole year until I read the bottom of his post which said he thought my application was rather good, and that I should apply for an age exception. I started a PM with him on the formus asking for how I could do so, and was told that age exception applicants must use their knowledge of the forums themselves. So within a week or so I found this and did the necessary requirements. On December 28th, 2013 my Age Exception was sent in. About two weeks later, Col_StaR replied saying that my application was advanced to the next stage, and so on. This happened a couple more times, and then in mid February 2014 I was accepted for my Age Exception interview. For the whole month of February I was on Teamspeak almost every day, excited to do this, looking everywhere for a qualified person to poke with my application to receive my waiting rank for an age exception interview, but the Teamspeak was always dead whenever I went on. This went on for another month, and then eventually I decided to give it up. By now it was March and I was busy with exams and whatnot.

Fast forward to May 2014. I responded asking if my age exception was still valid. To my astonishment, I got a rather quick response back from LadyOfLove saying that the age limit to apply regularly for moderator had been lowered to 14, and that I was removed from the age exception process to apply regularly. I was ecstatic! Age Exceptions were rarely made, and the chance of me getting that was much lower so this was looking up for me! Immediately I wrote a whole new application and sent it in in May 2014, keeping my hopes up. This was it, I had never been denied for a reason other than the fact that I was underage, so there was virtually no way I could be denied, right?

Wrong. A week later, a response came in from DracoHD saying that I had been denied. I was devastated. We went over why on the Teamspeak and I sort of understood why my application was subpar to others. I had a high word count, however I rambled a lot which I completely understood. I knew that a denial wasn't going to stop me, I mean for the past two months at this point I had been trying really hard to get into a clan, Trivium, which consisted of many people I had been looking up to since MCSG V1 as PvPers and people. A month later from this point, I got into Trivium (June 23rd, 2014? If my memory serves correct). I was incredibly happy, and was starting to feel unstoppable again. With only a week before my dad and I left to go on our annual vacation, I decided that I should make a decision of whether to apply or not. Riding the support of a couple of friends from Trivium who said I should apply, I decided to apply while on vacation, since my dad did have a laptop I could use to type it, and I could access the forums regularly from my phone.

On July 4th 2014, I sat down for two hours and wrote a rather lengthy application, this time adding more detail. I was motivated. That application was proofread by me a couple of hours later, and then sent in to the forums. Two days later, my cousins and I left for the camp that I talked about earlier. We've been going with his Church every year to a week-long sleepover camp. I guess you could categorize it as a "church camp" but it's just so much more than that. Anyway, we took a 6 hour busride home on the 12th. About an hour in we started to get cell coverage again, and the first thing I did was check the forums to find 77 alerts. Out of all 77 alerts, none of them were regarding my mod app. I hoped I didn't have to wait much longer, because I was counting on being able to do my interview right after getting home from vacation. Fortunately for me, I got lucky the very next day. We were walking out of Church (it was a Sunday, we got home from camp on a saturday) the very next day. I, again, got on my phone to casually check the forums and found one measly alert. Nevertheless, I checked it. "KitMencha has replied to [Pending] XyZebrAbC - Moderator Application". You could say I was happy, however it was very hard to control my excitement in such a public place. Anyway, we went up to the mountains that very next day for the remaining three days of our trip. Another 3 hour car ride predominantly summed up by me listening to monstercat podcasts and using the forums. Three days without service and we're coming back home, to prepare to fly back home the next day. On the car ride back, I checked the 20 or so alerts I'd gotten from my three day absence from the forums and one of them stuck out like a sore thumb. " KitMencha has replied to [Interview] XyZebrAbC - Moderator Application".

That very day I went on Skype to tell all of my Trivium friends the great news, and to my surprise, I wasn't the only one!! duckluv321 and Groot had all been put to the interview stage within a couple of days of me! I couldn't wait to get home at this point and be waiting buddies with people I already new (cause stranger danger o: ). We flew back on the 17th, and arrived home late at night EST on July 17th 2014. I had found out that both Jacob and Shea had completed their interviews successfully. I was so happy for them, but sad that I'd know nobody in the waiting room :c.

Anyway, the 18th was spent unpacking, and I went back to my mom's house at night. I found sleep hard over all of the excitement that I was building up, but I finally managed to doze off.... "July 19th 2014 was a special day in many ways. I have never been one for sleeping in late, and today was no exception, I'd say I got up before 7am, unable to contain my excitement. This was my first day back from a two week vacation to visit family, attend a camp we go to annually over the summer, and to catch up with all of the things that we've all been doing. It was a great vacation, and this was a solid way to end it off. "

I immediately rushed to my computer, poked none other than Kit for my waiting rank, and chilled in the waiting room for an hour until somebody else came on. His name was bilzybob, or Zyinth | Bilzy. I was awkward at first, but eventually we started getting to know each other. Soon after, a friend of mine who was already a moderator, Captain | Lqzer joined and joined our conversation. Soon after that came PickedBroken (who Captain apparently knew :3), Tryhard_Batman, and Nephilim (who I had seen around a lot on the forums lately). We quickly became acquainted with each other through playing some MCSG and whatnot and about an hour later Kit shows up and says they're doing interviews! I was excited, but it was about 10AM, and I had a friend coming around 11:30. Quickly, I asked my friends who were waiting with me if I could go first because a friend was coming over, and they were all cool with it. So... I went first! Word that I was being interviewed went round to some Trivium friends, and soon enough I had quite the audience watching that fateful Teamspeak channel. The interview was lead by (you guessed it) Nick/KitMencha, who was accompanied by KellieBreanne and Krypton. By the time I had finished, about 45 minutes had passed (it felt like 10) and I sweated completely through my shirt. I was moved back down into the waiting room. My feet had gone cold, I was sweating like no other, and my voice was shaky. I thought I'd done pretty well, so all I could do was hope. At this time I was releasing my nervous energy by just running around the MCGamer hub on my at the time alternate account, Ceroria (because I had been using it previously to play MCSG to try to improve the ratio on it which was actually good at one point).

"You were moved." My eyes widened, and the room suddenly felt incredibly hot, I sweat more... ;-;

Nick talked for a minute or two about some stuff, and then asked me to log out of the MCGamer Network, and back in. So, I logged out of my Ceroria account, and back on to my main account, XyZebrAbC. Nick then told me to go into Hub 8 and put a dot in chat. I could have spoiled it for myself by hitting tab and seeing my fate in the tab list, but I decided to surprise myself. I figured I had gotten it because he most likely wouldn't be doing something this cruel just to deny me, but I was nervous and paranoid. At that fateful moment I typed the single dot. That dot was not like any other dot I'd ever typed... because it was light blue, accompanied by a red name for me. I couldn't believe it. I had actually accomplished one of my biggest goals, to get moderator on MCSG. Until that day, I never understood how somebody could actually cry tears of joy. I was (easily) happier than I should have been, but something of this simply meant a lot.

Six months later, here we are ^-^. There have been ups and downs, I've made my mistakes but I wouldn't trade anything to say that I've been a moderator on the MCGamer Network for six months now.

Eskild

Quantum
Reaction score
Congratulations on 6 months :3 I'd say that with no doubt, you're one of the best mods ;)

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
As I'm about to hit my 6 months here soon, I'm happy you could make the journey! Grats!

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Honestly, I am absolutely glad that we have you here as a staff member of MCGamer. You are truly an exceptional staff member, who cares and considers their community. I, and many others, are eternally grateful for your hard work and efforts in this community so far. Heck, you could even have the potential to become a Senior Moderator some day! I wouldn't be surprised if you get it soon!
Cheers to half a year, and beyond! :)

Gunzo

Tribute
Reaction score
You Said You Promised Yourself That You Wouldn't Write Too Much... Guys Will Be Innactive For Next Few Days Till All Read '_' anyway Congrats dood!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci