• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A genuine concern for the future of this server.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hey y'all.

So today (or tonight/this morning) I'd like to convey an extremely important concern I have for the future of this server.

Ever since Badlion's anticheat was implemented hackers have been becoming more sophisticated. A plethora of hacks were invented to try to bypass this elaborate system.

Basically here are the facts
1. anticheat exists
2. anticheat magicly bans hackers and has close to a 100% accuracy rate
3. We have no idea how it works

So in order to bypass this system, some hackers tried to invent ways around it. As many of you know, we share a myriad of players with Badlion, as they offer our game type, albeit in a 1v1 style.

So basically
1. anticheat and Anti-Skid make hackers more sophisticated
2. MCSG does not have a magical banning system which is excruciatingly accurate
3. MCSG shares a player base with Badlion and kohi
4. There are now sophisticated hackers in MCSG where they can't be banned.

Whenever I critique staff members for not having done much with the anti-cheat, they usually give one of three answers.

1. MCSG is too large and there are too many issues to deal with first
- Both Badlion and Kohi have similar player counts, only a tad bit smaller. Also consider that when asked most people find hackers the #1 problem with the
server.

2. It takes too long to develop an effective anticheat or it is implausible.
-This assumes that it is pragmatically incoherent to create such a system. This has been axiomatically falsified several times, namely the fact that kohi developed a anticheat like system within 2 months of Badlion.

3. We're working on it
-So, how long have you been working on this exactly? It must not have been very long because kohi could develop it in about 9 weeks.

Conclusion: Autobanning anticheat NEEDS to be a priority of the server in order to ensure future prosperity.

Last edited:

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
I see where you are coming from, But you do have to see where the staff are coming form. And If Bad-lion and MCSG do share a player-base, perhaps we could be looking at a future collaboration... But that's another story. I believe that we don't have to worry to much (As of now), Because 100's of hackers are banned every week and we are doing ok.

~Vanth
Hey y'all.

So today (or tonight/this morning) I'd like to convey an extremely important concern I have for the future of this server.

Ever since Badlion's anticheat was implemented hackers have been becoming more sophisticated. A plethora of hacks were invented to try to bypass this elaborate system.

Basically here are the facts
1. anticheat exists
2. anticheat magicly bans hackers and has close to a 100% accuracy rate
3. We have no idea how it works

So in order to bypass this system, some hackers tried to invent ways around it. As many of you know, we share a myriad of players with Badlion, as they offer our game type, albeit in a 1v1 style.

So basically
1. anticheat and Anti-Skid make hackers more sophisticated
2. MCSG does not have a magical banning system which is excruciatingly accurate
3. MCSG shares a player base with Badlion and kohi
4. There are now sophisticated hackers in MCSG where they can't be banned.

Whenever I critique staff members for not having done much with the anti-cheat, they usually give one of two answers.

1. MCSG is too large and there are too many issues to deal with first
- Both Badlion and Kohi have similar player counts, only a tad bit smaller. Also consider that when asked most people find hackers the #1 problem with the
server.

2. It takes too long to develop an effective anticheat or it is implausible.
-This assumes that it is pragmatically incoherent to create such a system. This has been axiomatically falsified several times, namely the fact that kohi developed a anticheat like system within 2 months of Badlion.

3. We're working on it
-So, how long have you been working on this exactly? It must not have been very long because kohi could develop it in about 9 weeks.

Conclusion: Autobanning anticheat NEEDS to be a priority of the server in order to ensure future prosperity.

Valiour

Experienced
Reaction score
We already have the state-of-the-art Xime anti-cheat! There is simply no room for improvement ^_^

Question answered, thread locked. PM me with any questions. Have a nice day!
Erm, you did not lock this thread. xD

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have to agree here. Besides, with the 1.8 NCP being total junk, we need to really fine-tune it to suit a PvP playerbase. Now, I have died countless times and I have no idea what I did wrong. Was I clicking to fast and the anti-cheat stopped them from registering? Was I moving in a way where my reach is suddenly reduced?

Is NCP a priority? Yes. If MCSG wants players to stay, they have to give them a good reason to, and a near-perfect Xime would very likely get more PvPers to come here.

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
Things moderators cannot detect (and a good anti-cheat can):
-Autoclicker
-Smooth Aimbot
-Triggerbot
-"KillAura Legit"/Kill Aura w/ rotation limit (reduces head snaps)
-Anyone who toggles any hacks intelligently throughout the game

An Anti-Cheat can do so many things to accurately detect the above instances, such as calculating cps (detecting autoclicker, triggerbot, and kill aura w/o random aps) and calculating hit/miss ratio (detecting triggerbot, aimbot, and kill aura).

MCGamer truly needs to focus on improving the Anti-Cheat if they want to eradicate the hacking problem.

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
Things moderators cannot detect (and a good anti-cheat can):
-Autoclicker
-Smooth Aimbot
-Triggerbot
-"KillAura Legit"/Kill Aura w/ rotation limit (reduces head snaps)
-Anyone who toggles any hacks intelligently throughout the game

An Anti-Cheat can do so many things to accurately detect the above instances, such as calculating cps (detecting autoclicker, triggerbot, and kill aura w/o random aps) and calculating hit/miss ratio (detecting triggerbot, aimbot, and kill aura).

MCGamer truly needs to focus on improving the Anti-Cheat if they want to eradicate the hacking problem.
Some of us can haha. We aren't machines however, there is no "make the devs develop a new anti cheat now" Switch, or button or whatever. These things take time. If life was done at a flick of a switch we would miss out on so much.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Some of us can haha. We aren't machines however, there is no "make the devs develop a new anti cheat now" Switch, or button or whatever. These things take time. If life was done at a flick of a switch we would miss out on so much.
We don't need it now. We want there to be work on it, and if anticheat or whatever was developed in 9 weeks, why can't our large dev team make one as good, in at least as much time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci