• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Place to Remember

nrob19

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I know this is a very late forum post, but it has been something I have been thinking about a lot. When I first came onto this server as Admin, I was welcomed by everyone with open arms. I was hired by Chad and interviewed by himself and Col_StaR. After being called and said I will be given an opportunity to be a trial Administrator I was thrilled. This is a job that I knew I would love and I did! Minecraft is something I have been playing for 6 years and a game I always find myself going back to and play. I never have been a part of a community before, and I am so glad I was able to.

A quick back story: I am a college student going to a JC, and the only reason I am at the JC currently is to be playing baseball. Baseball is a sport I have played a long time, and a dream I have had since I was 3 years old. I believe I can make a career out of it and nothing will stop be from giving it everything I have. Last year, there were few baseball games on Saturday's, but after receiving my schedule for this season I noticed a good amount of Saturday games. I found this out after I was trained and after I really had been becoming comfortable with everything.

Being an Admin, part of my job is to lead and attend staff meetings. Staff meetings occur every 2 weeks on Saturdays. Now you can see where the conflict arises. When January comes around, I will be playing baseball 24/7 and have games on Saturdays from 10:00am - 4:00pm (staff meetings start at 10:00am). I told Chad as soon as I found out and we spoke a lot about it. He needed me to be at every meeting including meetings next year. I was forced to make a decision to give up baseball and stay Admin, or resign and pursue my passion. As you all know I made the decision to continue baseball.

I would like to apologize to the many people that feel like I let them down. MCGamer is a place I love and a place I will never forget. I have met so many new people that if I tried listing all of them it would take forever. To all of the moderator, Sr Moderators, admins, and to the Devs, you all have been so kind to welcome me and talk with me. Many of you do your jobs very well, and I wish I could continue to work with you. A big thanks to all of the staff member that have quickly become some of my great friends. I truly do love you all. You have given me an experience I wont forget. Just because I am no longer Admin doesn't mean we are no longer friends. I have missed you all a lot, and I plan on coming on teamspeak more often and attempt to play sg again (because I am garbage at it lol).

You all have inspired me and have a place in my life. Thank you for the great memories.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Can you mail me an autograph now? That way if your dream comes true (which I hope it does) then I need an nrob autograph to brag about. Best of luck, I truly wish you make it!

J

District 13
Reaction score
nrob19 The first thing that comes to mind is that you were a great admin, even with the short time you were here. You did a great job here and interacted with many community members and staff members, something not a ton of admins do. You would often play some Survival Games with the moderators and have fun with all of them, yet when needed, you were strict and stern towards your job. It's a shame to see you have to go because of baseball and I am sure that many other people can say the same thing of that. Your time here will be treasured by the people you talked to, there was some great times here with you such as the video of you and ApexMC trolling Hectorg98 into believing that he was being demoted to when you played multiple games with the staff members. Your actions and leadership have encouraged the current staff team and you will be missed among all.
Thank you for being a great admin here Nick, even if it was short :)

Kat

Team Representative ♫ Recruitment
Reaction score
:) Amazing thread. Can't wait to see you on again! Wizard cat misses you.

BenjiBaeb

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You're one of the few Sr. Staff members that understand my humour... I love you Bruhhhh!<3 - I can be a jerk, but the few times I spoke to you, you really made me smile.

Goodluck with Baseball dude, I hope to see you on a big screen one day c;

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
Good luck with baseball and school, hopefully you'll still stay here and talk to us :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci