• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Problem with the Community

Does this ever happen to you?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Just getting this off my chest guys, it's a bit if a rant. Every time I try to meet someone new, this occurs. Teamspeak is by far the worst.

Firstly, there's an underwhelming amount of nice people. Underwhelming, you might ask. Everytime I try to talk to them, they're ridiculously rude. Life is hard when to you can't find new friends :p

Close to a year ago, I ran into this one issue. A friend of mine was telling some offensive jokes. Needless to say, me and some other people in the channel were rather offended. That's just one short example of many that I've experienced, but I think you get the point.

Many of you might be wondering what the big deal is? Especially because I can guarantee you guys are just like the friend I mentioned. Like, most of you looove your jokes that offend people all over. Try to really think about what you're laughing at next time.

Straight up, my least favorite kind of joke are those poking fun at 9/11. To those of you who do make those joke, I have to say f*** you. Each one could offend the person you're telling them to, no matter how calm and collected they can act. Ease up on them and people could think of you as a friendlier person. Likable people are the best people, that's what you want to be.

Because I sometimes tell those jokes too, I'll try to change as well. Even though I can't tell you what to do, I'd like you to think twice before you open your mouth. Apparently I forgot this sentence. May you all be on your way to a kinder frame of mind. See you around, I hope I helped the community :)

Edit: Sorry about some if my grammar. I started this last night and didn't do any editing :/

Last edited:

Josh

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just getting this off my chest guys, it's a bit if a rant. Every time I try to meet someone new, this occurs. Teamspeak is by far the worst.

Firstly, there's an underwhelming amount of nice people. Underwhelming, you might ask. Everytime I try to talk to them, they're ridiculously rude. Life is hard when to you can't find new friends :p

Close to a year ago, I ran into this one issue. A friend of mine was telling some offensive jokes. Needless to say, me and some other people in the channel were rather offended. That's just one short example of many that I've experienced, but I think you get the point.

Many of you might be wondering what the big deal is? Especially because I can guarantee you guys are just like the friend I mentioned. Like, most of you looove your jokes that offend people all over. Try to really think about what you're laughing at next time.

Straight up, my least favorite kind of joke are those poking fun at 9/11. To those of you who do make those joke, I have to say f*** you. Each one could offend the person you're telling them to, no matter how calm and collected they can act. Ease up on them and people could think of you as a friendlier person. Likable people are the best people, that's what you want to be.

Because I sometimes tell those jokes too, I'll try to change as well. Even though I can't tell you what to do, I'd like you to think twice before you open your mouth. May you all be on your way to a kinder frame of mind. See you around, I hope I helped the community :)
just hang out with me you're good

Dank420

Experienced
Reaction score
I predicted this.

edit: In the last paragraph, you missed a letter.

Good fight

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
I can definitely relate to what you are saying. Whenever I joining ts.mcgamer.net I am bombarded with pokes from random people asking me to come and check on someone who is abusing them.

However, despite the countless threads that have been made about this matter people will continue to abuse/insult other members of the community.

I urge everyone to think about what they have to say/type before they post/speak it. Wether on the Teamspeak, server or forums. As a whole community we need to put an end to the hurtful comments that are breaking our community apart.

I believe that as time moves on and more abusive members of the community are caught and banned, that this issue will slowly fizz out. Personally, I hope this happens sooner rather than later. As you all know, I am here to help. If you ever need to talk to someone about being Abused then do not be shy to PM me as I am always happy to help.

Speech

Platinum
Reaction score
Whenever I join a channel to try and talk to someone they tell me to leave. I say this is a public teamspeak. They say no it isn't. Then they leave. Sometimes people don't realize the result of their actions

Dank420

Experienced
Reaction score
Whenever I join a channel to try and talk to someone they tell me to leave. I say this is a public teamspeak. They say no it isn't. Then they leave. Sometimes people don't realize the result of their actions
*cringe*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci