• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Reward for Reporting?

Should this feature be implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
I apologise if this idea has been brought up before, but I think now it may have a better outcome.
Also, I understand this is more of a forum feature, please move this if it is necessary.

Moderators, please don't lock this, because it won't be implemented, I'd like this to be open as a discussion if possible.
Hey,
I kinda came up with this idea while reporting a recent hacker. I simply thought to myself, why? Why do I report all these hackers. I understand you are supposed to say "I reported him to help the community!", but after report however many hackers I have I feel like, that reason is slipping away.
So, why not add another reason for this! I think this would be a better way to encourage people to report these hackers.
The simple fact is this, if you successfully report someone abusing/hacking you are given an award. I'm not sure what, but something small. If it is something big, I sense false reports just to claim this reward.
I don't know about anyone else, but taking the time to render, upload and post a thread over and over again just to help the community doesn't seem quite satisfying. Just my opinion on this.
I would love to become a moderator and all that jazz, but je ne suis que 14.
That is all I really have to say. Please vote on the poll, also if you do think this is a decent idea, what kind of awards should there be?
And please if you say No, give me the reasons for this. I do think there is probably flaws in this idea.

Feel free to reply and I will credit you in the list.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You report hackers to make the community a better place, not for personal gain. If you apply for mod then lots of hacker reports show that you are devoted to the community, but other than that they are only to make the community better and not make the rest of use rage when we die to said hacker :)

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
What the person above me said.

I believe people have brought it up before, I'm not sure. Anyway. You report rule violators to help the community, not to gain some sort of reward for it. And if this WAS implemented, people would report each and every person they looked at in the lobby to be rewarded for it.

No.

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
You report hackers to make the community a better place, not for personal gain. If you apply for mod then lots of hacker reports show that you are devoted to the community, but other than that they are only to make the community better and not make the rest of use rage when we die to said hacker :)
What the person above me said.

I believe people have brought it up before, I'm not sure. Anyway. You report rule violators to help the community, not to gain some sort of reward for it. And if this WAS implemented, people would report each and every person they looked at in the lobby to be rewarded for it.

No.
Yes, I predicted this sort of reply.
I just get the feeling that "making the community a better place" isn't a good reason to make people report for long. I mean, I feel like after taking 10-20 minutes rendering, uploading, making the thread that the reason that you provided you might feel unsatisfied.
I think a small reward would also entice more people to report people, isn't it a good thing that more violators are getting punished?
Also, they are not reward simply for making a abuse report, they are rewarded if they make a successful "closed" report.

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
Meh, kinda have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, it'll encourage the community to get more hackers banned, and on the other there's the first two replies. Interesting idea though :)

iMightTroll

Diamond
Reaction score
You report players to make the community better and shouldn't get anything in return for it besides knowing the fact that you have one more of the hacker population banned.

This thread will stay open for more discussion on the topic.

__Ajmutant__

Survivor
Reaction score
reporting players and getting a reward isn't too smart unless the reward was someone only small like 100 points or something because the amount of hackers on the game is immense so whatever the reward is it will be given to too many people

Reaction score
Yes, I predicted this sort of reply.
I just get the feeling that "making the community a better place" isn't a good reason to make people report for long. I mean, I feel like after taking 10-20 minutes rendering, uploading, making the thread that the reason that you provided you might feel unsatisfied.
I think a small reward would also entice more people to report people, isn't it a good thing that more violators are getting punished?
Also, they are not reward simply for making a abuse report, they are rewarded if they make a successful "closed" report.
See the thing is, if the reward is there then some people may just spam the report abuse threads for tiny things like say, doing a message in caps or for swearing. I'm sure the mods and admins don't want to have to deal with this sort of thing. Not saying it's going to happen, but it might.

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
See the thing is, if the reward is there then some people may just spam the report abuse threads for tiny things like say, doing a message in caps or for swearing. I'm sure the mods and admins don't want to have to deal with this sort of thing. Not saying it's going to happen, but it might.
Hm, yeah that is a good point. Maybe there is only rewards for like a certain type of reports. Like you are only rewarded for hackers, or you get different awards for different type of reports.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci