• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Tip For YouTubers/Livestreamers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Hello.
As the title says, this thread is for aspiring YouTubers and Twitch Livestreamers.
If you want to add music to your videos, but don't know whether or not you can, this thread might help you.
(I wasn't sure whether to stick this thread in one of the Tips & Strategies sections, Off-Topic, Anything Minecraft, Community Corner, or what, so I'm gonna stick it here, in Community Guides.)
And no, this isn't me advertising a YouTube channel, so don't ask me to stick it in the Media section... *facepalm*

Anyways.
So, there are ways to get music legally into your YouTube videos and Livestreams.
How?
Use sounds/music that are not copyrighted.

A great source of this is NoCopyrightSounds on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/NoCopyrightSounds
They have a good ~130 songs, many of which are techno/dubstep etc., which most people like to use in their videos.

Also, YouTube has their own library of free-to-use music, found here: https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music
I think there's ~150 songs on that one. Some aren't super good, but some are. You'll have to pick for yourself.

And if you don't like a lot of the songs found in those two sources, use your search engine and search up things like "Copyright Free Music" or "What music can I use in my YouTube videos" etc. to learn more!

I've seen a few people in the past where people used copyrighted music and got their videos taken down, so make sure that if you're someone who did that, don't do it anymore! :p

Also, if you're too lazy and don't want to go through the entire playlists of their songs, here's a collection of 20 songs that I went through NoCopyrightSounds and downloaded. I didn't listen to all of the songs, but they're decent, I suppose:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1q0s4549pfwl0/Stream_Songs
I compiled the list of songs in only like 15 minutes, so don't blame me if they're not your style :p

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Great thread for aspiring Youtubers, could use some work- but it's a start!

Well done Mooclan, you're at it again. :)

Devonas

Tribute
Reaction score
I'm afraid to say, I downloaded a NoCopyrightSounds 12 minute song and I got a copyright notice about it, I am currently disputing against this allegation though.

IronOre12

Platinum
Reaction score
1. As far as I know according to the United States Copyright Act of 1976, you are allowed to use any copyrighted material that is used for educational, self-use, or not-profitable uses. This means that if you don't make money off of your stream/video, then you can use any Monstercat song you want!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Devonas please don't double post, simply use the "Edit" button instead!

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
TL due to necro posting

PM me with any further questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members