• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Tryhards Guide to MCSG

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It does for me too :)
No no. Like it displays lower ping but in reality it's just tricking your router. The internet already uses the fastest route - don't believe what they say.

Jorshy

Quantum
Reaction score
No no. Like it displays lower ping but in reality it's just tricking your router. The internet already uses the fastest route - don't believe what they say.
0.o Well I think it definitely improves my hits and rod a lot for me, probably because I have bad internet though.

A

Axel | PlazaGames

I really wanna say; Nice Thread and thanks for your tips.
However, I am tooooo lazzzzzzzzy to read it all :/

Khulu

Survivor
Reaction score
WTFast doesn't work
I can confirm it works, but I've talked to others who say it works for them other it says it makes there ping worse and for some as well it makes no difference. It may depend on a couple of variables as.

• What's your current internet plan
  • Your Location
  • Current Ping
For example the person who told me it made no difference had DSL internet package and lived in Sydney where they normally have 25ms average.

Another who said it made them have worse ping also lived in Sydney but had Ultra Fiber with an average 18ms.

While for me and my other auckland friends it worked bringing our average pings down 10 for me and 17 av for my friend.

It seems if you already have around 30 or less Ms Average with 'decent' internet you'll have no change while outstanding internet and less then 30 with close locations could increase it.

-Important-
You may have also not used it correctly, it's pretty confusing for first timers as you actually have to play around with the settings to get it working. Before launching your game you type it up then press play and let it load. Once it has a pop-up saying to load up the game, load the launcher and go in. Don't worry about the flashing bars just try to get into the server and it may take a bit longer but do /ping with it then turn it off and join then /ping if you aren't ticking any of my suspicious boxes above you'll probably see a difference if even 1ms average difference. 1ms can be game changer for just the 3 minutes longer of starting up your computer and WTFast....

Ichengo

Survivor
Reaction score
dang, thats a lot to take in.
I know half of these tactics, but its always nice to re-cap what I know. and learn new thing while I'm at it.

Thankyou so much!

Ash65

Tribute
Reaction score
Needed to comment on some things in the thread. Some bad advice seeing as this is "a tryhards guide"
feel free to correct me if you want =]

Before Stepping into a Lobby
Keyboard-
"because your keyboard can't keep up with your hot keying speed" wtf LOL. There is literally no reason whatsoever to ever achieve speeds so high your "keyboard cant keep up", unless you have no idea about the game and are spamming multiple keys at once for the sake of it.
"Now while the keyboard difference between a basic 20$ one from the shops compared to the mechanical Blackwidow is a minor improvement it does end up helping." no....
I feel sorry for you and your parents if you think spending $100+ on a mechanical keyboard will improve your gameplay, especially in a game like minecraft. There is absolutely no reason to buy this keyboard if your only intention is to get good at mcsg. The only time I would find this acceptable is if you spend +12 hrs a day playing a range of games you're actually good at. Yet even then I don't it necessary to spend so much on a keyboard. (p opinion) =)
"Any non-mechanical keyboard user would understand the pain of clicking a key but not hearing a sound and it not registering you going to your rod so you miss a great combo and let them get the first hit." This makes absolutely no sense.

Mouse- Unlike an expensive keyboard, a good mouse will affect your gameplay and will make you a better player, so I do agree with everything mentioned on it.

Understanding the "Types of Players"
Understanding the 'Meta Game' is important.
No, it really isnt.
This category really should be worked on.

Bow Gods: "They'll purposely let you catch up to them by only sprinting not sprint+jumping so they can turn and FnS you then rod you back, from there if you continue to rush them they'll bow spam you back until you're dead." I can't believe this is even in here. If you actually get into a situation like this you're really, really bad.

Counter:
"these players usually focus on getting full iron, crafting an iron sword and then just getting as many arrows as possible so they'll normally have around 32-48 by DM at minimum" isn't this the focus for everyone playing the game lol. ????

Pingers: LOL

The Rod God: very generic and basic information. I dont find why it was necessary to include this.

Counter: Terrible info

The Strategist: terrible info
Counter: terrible info god bless

HotBar+YourStyle
Sword- "Slot 1 and 5 are the most common." Literally dont know a single person that puts their sword on 5.
Bow- No reason to recommend anything.
"Even if you use a generic set up it doesn't mean your less special/exceptional " ???????

Pre-Game Tips
"If you say no to anything in here leave and try a different lobby.
1. Any Known/Recently Sus hitters or 100% For Sure Hackers in this game (No/Yes) "
Correction = if you say YES to anything in here......

In-Game Tips
"NEVER GO TO SPAWN." Not the best advice tbh
"you may think 'oh there shouldn't be a team because I checked the no known teams box'" LOL
"I run 80 FOV (IMO the best after long amount of testing)" ahahahahha

Deathmatch
Terrible advice

Extra Malicious Tips/Tricks
WTFast: god bless
After recapping both sides I have to comment this,

First off you're EU so I do not know what it's like for you but this advice TBCH is pretty solid for the AU community at the very least,

"Deathmatch

Terrible advice"

What do you mean? He's got it done pretty strong, bow locking/spamming down enemies in DM is the way to go or else you'll risk going in for one enemy and considering it's AU this guy is from (I check both your stats and stuff so I did my research) I wouldn't be surprised if half his games along with other AU players is between 3 high caliber players with either a 1/3 ratio alt(s) or 500+ win player. In death match there is always someone waiting for the clean up and it pretty much always works. Sword rushing in DM is all you can really say other then 'terrible advice' if you're going to comment just straight up negatively on someones post give reasons man this way he can at least accept constructive criticism this just looks like you're trying to be a *Bad Word*. Also the ender pearl tactic he gave is pretty strong vs teams, hackers and so on so I really only saw strong points in this section so without giving an explanation to why it's 'terrible', pretty strong word as well, you just look like a complete straight up fool my friend.

"In-Game Tips
"NEVER GO TO SPAWN." Not the best advice tbh
"you may think 'oh there shouldn't be a team because I checked the no known teams box'" LOL
"I run 80 FOV (IMO the best after long amount of testing)" ahahahahha"

Never go to spawn - He's got that right, again he's probably going off the AU bias that if a decent player gets a stone sword there is a high chance they're killing majority of the players in spawn, he already said earlier find maps you know a route on so you don't 'need' spawn. Obviously if it's a 7 player game you can ignore this but he's got it down right since that's how you 'try hard'.

"I run 80 FoV" I don't see how that's funny, normal (70)-90 is pretty common with low sensitivity, I personally run 85. It works well for aiming your rod, bow, etc. FoV comes down to testing what fits you so I wouldn't laugh at settings that work for someone else and has a pretty decent ratio (AU Wise).

"Pre-Game Tips
"If you say no to anything in here leave and try a different lobby.
1. Any Known/Recently Sus hitters or 100% For Sure Hackers in this game (No/Yes) "
Correction = if you say YES to anything in here......"

"If you said No to the first 3 and yes to the last one then lets move forward to the next phase, if not then try a different lobby until all these boxes are ticked as so. :)"

He already beat ya too it man, someone doesn't pay attention in class. :)

"HotBar+YourStyle
Sword- "Slot 1 and 5 are the most common." Literally dont know a single person that puts their sword on 5.
Bow- No reason to recommend anything.
"Even if you use a generic set up it doesn't mean your less special/exceptional " ???????"

Look at Crow97 and Jordyy (#2 on the LB) 2 players at ranks you would probably never achieve yet they've had there sword at slot 5. A lot of top tier players come from AU and try out new things a lot of the strategies you know now a days probably originated in AU before becoming popular through US players finding it out months later.

Bow - If you're scrolling there are slots to recommend for it if it to make the hotbar need and accessible plus it's a guide they expect recommendations if they came to a guide.

"Even if you use a generic set up it doesn't mean your less special/exceptional " ???????"
Like I said earlier in AU a lot of new strategies, hot bars and so on show up daily. I think what he's trying to say is 'Use what works, don't play around with different set ups to be cool mostly when try harding'. Hopefully.

"
Understanding the "Types of Players"
Understanding the 'Meta Game' is important.
No, it really isnt.
This category really should be worked on. "

WOAH did you just say understanding the meta game isn't important? How experienced are you at Minecraft? I'm really considering just laughing at you at this point.... That one little sentence just made you the most idiotic person I've met today, understanding the meta game in ANY GAME EVER is the most important thing to learn. Again you didn't add anything to how the category could be improved you just straight up said 'it needs to be worked on' that's like an employer hiring men to build a mall and saying 'just build it' with no plans, material, etc. Smart man, you're really slowly making people face palm but surely you'll be the laughing stock of the day for the community. :)

"
Bow Gods: "They'll purposely let you catch up to them by only sprinting not sprint+jumping so they can turn and FnS you then rod you back, from there if you continue to rush them they'll bow spam you back until you're dead." I can't believe this is even in here. If you actually get into a situation like this you're really, really bad. "

It works pretty well a lot of AU players do this including myself because it's pretty hard to understand trades with the NCP atm unless it's bow trades so when getting rushed they can easily be fulled by particles to believe they've achieved a 2 hit combo when in reality they got 1 critical on us so atm we're 18 HP vs there 14 from being bowed back and taking 1 fns back off before rushing again. Also it's a nice strategy after draining someones arrows in DM as they're forced to rush at this point....

"The Rod God: very generic and basic information. I dont find why it was necessary to include this.

Counter: Terrible info "

How is the counter 'terrible' once again don't reply 'build me a mall' give the man something to work with, how can one build something without the materials or a plan to follow? You can type some ideas to use for the counter, etc. And after reading the counter I was nodding my head, I sadly had to fight Knowledgeguy one game and his rod was very on point much wow. Explain to me how you would fight someone who goes in for sword and understands how to rush an enemy without getting hit by multiple arrows (3-4 at max half charged) and getting the first rod hit every time. The rod combo alone puts you at a disadvantage but if you somehow manage to retreat, turn around rod combo back they'll just rod you back until they're full health to fight reset then try once again. The only real way to beat a player like that is to force them into a corner which sadly considering every MCSG map is at least 400x400 you don't really have much to work with for 'back them into a corner' mostly when they're supposedly not missing any rods that are crucial they wont let you back them into a corner. Death Match is the only real place I can see myself fighting someone who plays like this as you can avoid sword fights early on and then force them to rush/bow fight so over all I feel like without a good argument from you, you can't really say much.

Counter: Terrible info

The Strategist: terrible info
Counter: terrible info god bless

So anyway I'm done with essays unless they're needed but same thing here, you can't just say 'terrible info' if you want say it in your head and move on. You simply can't explain why it's terrible so you can't really call it terrible if you can't contradict what Khulu had claimed, if you believe there is better info cough it out yourself instead of just say 'It's terrible' then shrug it aside, seems like you've only come to this guide to do so, so why did you reply in the first place?

"Keyboard- "because your keyboard can't keep up with your hot keying speed" wtf LOL. There is literally no reason whatsoever to ever achieve speeds so high your "keyboard cant keep up", unless you have no idea about the game and are spamming multiple keys at once for the sake of it.
"Now while the keyboard difference between a basic 20$ one from the shops compared to the mechanical Blackwidow is a minor improvement it does end up helping." no....
I feel sorry for you and your parents if you think spending $100+ on a mechanical keyboard will improve your gameplay, especially in a game like minecraft. There is absolutely no reason to buy this keyboard if your only intention is to get good at mcsg. The only time I would find this acceptable is if you spend +12 hrs a day playing a range of games you're actually good at. Yet even then I don't it necessary to spend so much on a keyboard. (p opinion) =)
"Any non-mechanical keyboard user would understand the pain of clicking a key but not hearing a sound and it not registering you going to your rod so you miss a great combo and let them get the first hit." This makes absolutely no sense. "

It's not new for old keyboards that are like 15$ from Inappropriate body part on a male Smith to not register some keys at time, they can get messed up quiet easily and keys may stop registering on your keyboard or not work at all so I understand his statement of keys not registering if these implements are added into that scenario. Regarding not hot keying fast enough, I feel like you're looking at what he said like he meant lighting god like speeds, unless you're mentally challenged that's not what anyone means ever my friend, he's saying because some cheap keyboards, as I said before, have other variables due to being well 'cheap' and simply designed to just type with they may not always register when you press them as they can well, break easily, I don't see how hard it is to understand that.......... I really don't.....

Also mechanical keyboards do make a 'difference' they're designed to enhance gameplay, while the registration is minor to the ms it does help as a player to know you DID click the key and you can feel the keys you're going to press or designate colors to key spots on a keyboard, it may not help gameplay wise which I agree but it does from a personal perspective when it comes to know your keys on your keyboard and having color coding. Sorry if that doesn't make much sense but it's hard to explain, in a simple context, colors help eye know where deadly stuff are. Hopefully I put that in a context you can understand but knowing the person I'm talking too said understanding the meta doesn't matter I wouldn't be surprised if I had to dull it down more.

Any to sum it up you looked like a complete fool after saying the meta game and understanding the GAME AND THE STYLES YOU'RE VSING IS USELESS TO LEARN, I mean who says that? Like seriously? Are you mentally stable? What's your current stats like 1/20??? Come on man step up your game, don't go around saying stuff is terrible then make dumb statements like that OML may the MCSG Gods have mercy on your soul.

Also don't just say stuff is 'terrible' help the guide instead of just make negative points, constructive criticism is much more helpful then 'Terrible' so if you think something is 'terrible' explain it! If you can't be bothered to explain it, don't reply to the post saying 'terrible' just smile and nod your head until you get to the next forum post. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci