• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Account [was] Stolen, tracking down the bad guy - Cont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwiftGeneration

Spectator
Reaction score
Firstly my apologies. I know I am creating a second post but I feel my issue isn't quite resolved, and that's my fault. I am posting this in support for the correct category. The reason is because in my haste I didn't explain myself.

In my previous post I did not make these things clear:
1. I am in no way trying to find MCGamerNetwork liable for actions that of course they have no knowledge of.
2. I have already reclaimed my MC account. I have changed my password and it is no longer compromised. I did not make this clear.
3. I am aware that Minecraft servers keep a log of connections and disconnections, along with general information, in a log file which is generated by default.

I am asking for an excerpt from this log, an IP address that was used connecting from my account. Since I am the one liable and accountable for my Minecraft account and its uses, asking for the IP from which my account connected to your server is legal and would not compromise MCGamerNetwork in any way, legally or financially.

Again I'd like to apologize for the misunderstanding.

TO reiterate: I am asking for an IP address that was used to connect from my account. This would allow my to report his actions to his ISP. Most likely the extent his punishment would be is a written warning from his ISP.

Most specifically I am asking for the IP of my Minecraft account, "LeylerZ", which can be found during Round #4069347 at precisely 28 Aug 2015 06:14 UTC an your EU 2765 Minecraft server.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me through PM or my registered email.

Thank you for you time, and if I can be of any assistance I will jump at the opportunity.

Previous Post:

Hello! My Minecraft account was compromised and I was looking to try to find out as much as possible about the gentleman that stole my login information. Would like to contact an Admin if at all possible to see if we can find out some more information

Someone got hold of my account, changed the name to "LeylerZ", and played on an MCGamerNetwork server.

I found this website by googling "LeylerZ Minecraft"
My original Minecraft ID is/was SwiftGeneration... and will be again when the 28day wait period is up.

http://www.mcgamer.net/player/LeylerZ/
This is my profile, with information from my account, but it wasn't me. I was wondering if there were any logs kept short-term to find out this guys IP address?

Thanks for any help!​

SwiftGeneration

Spectator
Reaction score
Forum wouldn't let me edit:

I realize that I would have to prove that I am in control of the account and the sole purchaser. I have the log in credentials, the email address on the account matches my personal email, and I have my original transaction ID Mojang issues all Minecraft buyers -- from January 2011.

NagolGames

ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ / ʀᴇɢɪꜱᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ɴᴜʀꜱᴇ
Reaction score
Hey there!

I talked to you (forum post) yesterday in regards to your issue.

Sr. Staff can look into this further, however we are unable to give you any information as to who it was and/or their IP address(es).

As for the user who hacked you and changed your name, we cannot give out any of their information and such. I am sorry.
I am sorry for the inconveniences! If you have further questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to send me a message here on the forums and I will help you out in the best of my abilities!

NagolGames

QA;TL

Approved by [COLOR=#b30000]Freshly[/COLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci