• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Advertisements displayed on website discussion!

Good idea?

• Yay

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't mind the current Ads

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello fellow friends and forum users,

Today I am creating this thread to discuss the advertisements displayed on the beautiful site many of us call our favorite. (Google is always #1 for me :p)

Anyway, back on topic - some of these advertisements are very inappropriate for younger audiences, which we all know, every larger scaled minecraft network has plenty of. Basically, a quick suggestion to make the site a bit more friendly for younger users, and for parents to feel better on letting their children use, I recommend an advertisement filter be put in place. If that's not possible, perhaps Chad and other administration members can approve all advertisements displayed before they are publicly available.

Please be sure to leave your feedback on the topic, voting on the poll is an easy and quick way to deliver your input without having to type a reply, although replies are always more than welcome as well! :)

Please excuse any grammatical / spelling errors, I am currently on vacation and am writing this on an iPhone at 1:21 AM, they are to be expected!

OZ

Career
Reaction score
I don't use google so I don't have adds XD

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't use google so I don't have adds XD
It doesn't quite matter what browser you're using, they all display ads - you might be utilizing AdBlocker and you're unable to see them, which is not good for the site as the ads gather funds to power the forums!

(not accusing you of AdBlocker, just saying its a possibility!)

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
I don't know if this will work, since ads on websites are based on your location and your browing history.

This means:
- There are a lot of different adds shown on this website for everyone.
- If there is a bad ad it most likely has to do with what you search up online.

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't know if this will work, since ads on websites are based on your location and your browing history.

This means:
I do quite understand the part of "what you search is what I get", although I can assure you I have not searched anything of the following:

http://imgur.com/S6tzNfa (The bad of this pic for younger audiences: a female with little clothing equipped.)

Now I don't personally mind this picture myself, but say an 8 year old was browsing the forums and that ad displayed, and his/her mother is looking over their shoulder - the parent might not be so pleased, I've seen it happen first hand with my 9 year old cousin on a different MC website, unfortunately. :/

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
I do quite understand the part of "what you search is what I get", although I can assure you I have not searched anything of the following:

http://imgur.com/S6tzNfa (The bad of this pic for younger audiences: a female with little clothing equipped.)

Now I don't personally mind this picture myself, but say an 8 year old was browsing the forums and that ad displayed, and his/her mother is looking over their shoulder - the parent might not be so pleased, I've seen it happen first hand with my 9 year old cousin on a different MC website, unfortunately. :/
That is an ad for a VPN software. A lot of gamers use VPNs. So its kinda related to gaming and stuff. Maybe you looked up something for a VPN once?

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
That is an ad for a VPN software. A lot of gamers use VPNs. So its kinda related to gaming and stuff. Maybe you looked up something for a VPN once?
Indeed, I have previously, although clearing my entire browsing history and cached data, the same ad displays. Although, you make a fantastic point on the gaming --> VPN thing, I will agree with you there.

However, I believe we can both agree there have been some mature advertisements younger folks shouldn't see - and perhaps its something we should try and put an end to, as making a parent feel safe about what their children do, ultimately calls for a better experience for that child / person - and making people browse with additional ease is a priority, which the administration is already aware of cause they already do a great job.

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score

This means:
mine is a russian girl looking for some fun O _ O
There's another one about child molestation....

I don't think it's done on search history

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
I
It doesn't quite matter what browser you're using, they all display ads - you might be utilizing AdBlocker and you're unable to see them, which is not good for the site as the ads gather funds to power the forums!

(not accusing you of AdBlocker, just saying its a possibility!)
I use adblocker for whenever I am going to ad fly or any other website like that. When I go on YouTube or the Mcgamer forums I disable it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci