• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

An idea that will make mcsg more popular

UntoldFutureYT

Spectator
Reaction score
So i love mcsg, But i wanted to tell u a very good idea its kind of copying badlion but it will make mcsg better and everyone will join it. I was thinking if you could make arenapvp, Yes i know badlion has it and we can just go there but it can make mcsg popular and make people who got banned there a chance to experience this thing. Im sure some of us are banned from badlion (Even me) and want to be unbanned but they won't let you because i think they are unfair. So maybe this is a good idea :D

Thank you for reading staff and players.

PowerOfGuri

Career
Reaction score
Well tbh I was too but they will unban me in April 2016 xD ;) Good luck to that mate!

MCGamer, listen to your player opinions! :)

Pearlyyy

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I do agree with you that the process with hiring moderators have become extremely easy and just insignificant, but demoting all of the Sr Staff and Mods is a bit much. Some of the Mods and Sr Staff are actually really hard working, but the newer types of mods aren't up to standard. In my opinion a minimum of three to four months of high activity on the forums, TeamSpeak and game would be sufficient in determining if someone is suitable for mod. These conditions are far more reasonable than eight months.

And for anyone wanting to apply for moderator, no one will ever dive straight into something that they know nothing about. Get to know the community on all the platforms for a fair amount of time, ask around for advice from multiple people and then after all that there will be a clearer view on whether or not you want to dedicate time to MCGamer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Petar

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm 16 and I tried a lot of times to be a mod and I failed it xD now im just gonna improve My commentary, My aplies and wish good luck to all new and old people here :c
Hmm Idk but if u don't believe I am declined 8 times, just for "chat history" and? I am try again.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
Good suggestion, but it would be a lot of work for the developers.
Also, moved to the correct section!

PowerOfGuri

Career
Reaction score
Hmm Idk but if u don't believe I am declined 8 times, just for "chat history" and? I am try again.
Well I was declined for the same reason the last time because I insulted Narwhal in skype in a middle of a clanwar :c but the others I was declined because apparently I wasn't good enough :c And I just have to accept that..

Speech

Platinum
Reaction score
I do agree with you that the process with hiring moderators have become extremely easy and just insignificant, but demoting all of the Sr Staff and Mods is a bit much. Some of the Mods and Sr Staff are actually really hard working, but the newer types of mods aren't up to standard. In my opinion a minimum of three to four months of high activity on the forums, TeamSpeak and game would be sufficient in determining if someone is suitable for mod. These conditions are far more reasonable than eight months.

And for anyone wanting to apply for moderator, no one will ever dive straight into something that they know nothing about. Get to know the community on all the platforms for a fair amount of time, ask around for advice from multiple people and then after all that there will be a clearer view on whether or not you want to dedicate time to MCGamer.
It seems everytime I try to preach some staff goodness from my experience it gets deleted. Salty mods aren't they?

Yes it was a bit harsh as I HIGHLY dislike some of the Sr Staff, but all the Moderators except for a select few who do their job extremely well and actually have a personality should be demoted and the process should be revamped.

N

Nikola

I'm going to leave my personal opinion on this.

NOTE: No disrespect to the staff team.

I talked to some ex senior staff and you know we always get around the topic of "mcsg", especially the staff team (nothing bad). I feel like right now all you have to do is get a new IP, new minecraft and forum account and yeah if you're experienced with writting applications here you go. Instant moderator.

It may not be like that but from my and possibly everyone else's perspective, well it looks like that. I feel like getting/achieving moderator rank isn't as hard as it used to be, it's not challenging anymore like literally everyone could get moderator, it just feels that way. There are less mods who actually have knowledge of ghost clients which I do not blame them for, there is supposed to be a special training regarding them which there's isn't so I guess we can't just blame them for that. Now the lack of knowledge for the overall community. You can't just say "Oh I'm here since 2012 but I made my forum account like a week ago." If you did atleast stay on the forums for like a month minimum and then make an application. It's just really bad looking at someone "Joined: Thursday" "Moderator". Now remember this is my personal opinion and I'm not bashing on staff as I'm planning on applying for the staff team anytime soon. I've been told to act in a nice manner and I will but that does not mean I will treat the staff team like they're gods (which I've been figuring out people do until they get mod). We are obviously humans and we all make mistakes.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
I'm going to leave my personal opinion on this.

We are obviously humans and we all make mistakes.
I have a similar opinion, but a few different thoughts. I do believe that the ability to become a staff member has become harder than before, but also keep in mind that the network was smaller before. It's hard to keep up with the large amount of rule breakers, but taking quantity over quality can only work for so long.
As for becoming a moderator right after joining the community, I just don't quite understand it yet. The forums are a big part of the network, there's special training for it and moderators are somewhat required to have forum activity. I can see that our community is similar to those that they might have been in before, and they could have a lot of nice experience, but until they get the flow of how things work around here, why accept them into the staff team? I see this as a gamble instead of a bad decision though because some people are good at adapting and have proven me wrong on this. They jumped right into the staff team and did a great job, better than me, someone who's been here since May 2012.

I have somewhat mixed feelings about it overall and would like to see a few more things play out before completely going one way or the other on this. But right now this is how I feel.

N

Nikola

I have a similar opinion, but a few different thoughts. I do believe that the ability to become a staff member has become harder than before, but also keep in mind that the network was smaller before. It's hard to keep up with the large amount of rule breakers, but taking quantity over quality can only work for so long.
As for becoming a moderator right after joining the community, I just don't quite understand it yet. The forums are a big part of the network, there's special training for it and moderators are somewhat required to have forum activity. I can see that our community is similar to those that they might have been in before, and they could have a lot of nice experience, but until they get the flow of how things work around here, why accept them into the staff team? I see this as a gamble instead of a bad decision though because some people are good at adapting and have proven me wrong on this. They jumped right into the staff team and did a great job, better than me, someone who's been here since May 2012.

I have somewhat mixed feelings about it overall and would like to see a few more things play out before completely going one way or the other on this. But right now this is how I feel.
I completely agree with you, but "also keep in mind that the network was smaller before." Not necessarily. MCSG in it's glory days I remember it would peek 5,000 individual players a day. 5,000 people would take the time out of their hands just to play on the server and I'm pretty sure the staff team was smaller back then and somehow they still managed to keep everything under control now what comes onto my mind is that back then there weren't as many dramas as of right now such as ghost clients, anti-cheat, hackers bla bla bla... So yeah being a staff member is quite stressful right now but if you're going to be one you need to be experienced. I've personally heard some mods saying things like "I don't care for other platforms other than Teamspeak/forums or in-game.." Which isn't right. As a moderator you're dedicating your time to every platform and you need to moderate it as much as you do the other ones. That's just my point of view I encourage you to disagree with me because everybody has a different opinion and you do not necessarily have to agree with me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci