• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

And here we go...

N

Nikola

MCGamer Senior Staff has been accepting applications quite a lot recently. (not really recently more like past 3-4 months lol) anyway that's not the point. The point is that not only me, way MANY other people have been annoyed how people who literally joined in july or august got moderator rank. Now probably some of you are like "Well what's the point they deserve it nawhnawhnawh...".

No.

Somebody who's been within the community for a few weeks or even DAYS does not deserve mod rank. The newish mods can't take a normal joke. It's been annoying the crap out of me. This is a minecraft forum, we are supposed to have fun but in the eyes of the 'newish' mods every thread/post is pointless.

http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/clan-kapandı.208982/

What I'm trying to tell is that the newish mods can't take a joke, and this is not the first time something being locked/deleted and stuff by "newish mods".

However I may be wrong maybe the newish mods are actually doing a good job, so I want to hear everyone's opinion's on this.

pce

Last edited by a moderator:

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
Ayy you used my thread :D, anyways I 100% agree with this. This is probs gonna get locked but Yolo, if you're a female and you apply for mod without a doubt you'll get it. I heard the sr staff accepted a female moderator because she sent nudes LMFAO! This is a block game!

Edit* some newish mods are good aka Coma he's bae <3
I highly doubt that girls are always accepted for mod if they apply, knowing many girls that have been declined in interview stage or not even accepted. Most girl moderators are really chill, never get angry and do their job extremely well. At the same time someone getting accepted for mod is a pretty bad joke, knowing that a fair amount of the male staff team are interested in the same gender.

New mods are bound to make mistakes especially on the forums which is one of the most complex platforms to moderate. I do agree that most joke threads are pretty harmless and they only need a bit of editing sometimes, but new mods don't know that because it takes a while before you get used to moderating the forums properly.

Tldr: They're new give them a break.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I highly doubt that girls are always accepted for mod if they apply, knowing many girls that have been declined in interview stage or not even accepted. Most girl moderators are really chill, never get angry and do their job extremely well. At the same time someone getting accepted for mod is a pretty bad joke, knowing that a fair amount of the male staff team are interested in the same gender.

New mods are bound to make mistakes especially on the forums which is one of the most complex platforms to moderate. I do agree that most joke threads are pretty harmless and they only need a bit of editing sometimes, but new mods don't know that because it takes a while before you get used to moderating the forums properly.

Tldr: They're new give them a break.
They're new is the issue. They should be experienced and understand how the forums start working before they're accepted and start doing work on the forums.

Sr staff always says mods should try to be active on all platforms. That means they should be familiar with the forums before getting mod. Clearly that's no longer a requirement as there are many mods who get their rank through report abuses and their mod app. Being new isn't an excuse when you're in power on a very popular server.

J

District 13
Reaction score
New moderators do make many mistakes, which is understandable, they're new, they're not too familiar with how moderating every platform works, and I can understand that. This is why the Mod Buddy program was revamped and why more experienced will look after the new ones. However, while it is true that all platforms should be moderated, I see the MCGamer forums being heavily looked down upon. There are many moderators that do the forums, but only a few of them will lock clan threads, map threads, pointless threads, etc. Most of the other moderators will look at the Report Abuse section and see what they can do there. Another thing is that some moderators do not post in Community Corner, Off-Topic Discussions, etc. I believe if they did, it would help themselves and the community. Why? Moderators are humans and they can be shy, when posting on the forums, it's a great chance to bond with the rest of the community, get to know their opinions on certain matters, and see if you could do anything to improve it whereas barely interacting with any of the community will get you nowhere. As a previous moderator, I went through a stage where I didn't post that much and only did Report Abuses, as I continued to do that, I realized that I didn't get to see much of the community's opinions on many other MCGamer related items and had no way to improve this server except for punishing rule-breakers. This is something I would like to see more encouraged by the Sr. Staff to moderators.

As for applications, I created a thread on it before regarding this where I could say many, if not all of the people who read it agreed with me. I've talked with a few moderators as well as an ex-Sr. Staff member that this is being looked upon and could possibly already be implemented into the application process so that players that joined the forums only to apply will be declined. This isn't guaranteed yet, but I do wish for this to happen as the forums is the best place to listen to the community itself.

Stealthy

District 13
Reaction score
I was excited until I saw I had to be a girl. Why'd you slip that one in there. That's it for me.
that one was supposed to be the joke but i suppose you didnt get it
rip

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
They're new is the issue. They should be experienced and understand how the forums start working before they're accepted and start doing work on the forums.

Sr staff always says mods should try to be active on all platforms. That means they should be familiar with the forums before getting mod. Clearly that's no longer a requirement as there are many mods who get their rank through report abuses and their mod app. Being new isn't an excuse when you're in power on a very popular server.
I do agree with you on the most part, but sometimes it isn't as easy as that. Many people familiar with the forums usually fit into 3 groups.
A: are not interested in becoming a moderator.
B: Those who are banned on the servers recently and can't apply for mod
C: The player has quit mc and their only interest is posting on the forums.

There's is a very small amount of people that are experienced on the forums before becoming a mod that are eligible for the position. When someone posts an amazing mod app and has no bans whatsoever, it's pretty hard to decline that player for having less experience on the forums. To get moderator you need to answer the questions in your mod app and in your interview correctly. When you think about this, the only people that are hired because they know what is needed and expected from an MCGamer moderator.

Forums is recommended but it isn't seen as necessary since there are a lot of good forumers (I know it isn't a word) that enjoy the forums. To others it's a scary and complex place that requires you to read another guide. However I do agree that if people want to start moderating the forums they should do it right.

LittleKisses

Quantum
Reaction score
Personally I couldn't give a crap who gets mod, as long as they do what's required of them.
Everyone has to start somewhere, so what if they haven't made 2000 posts first on a forum for a video game.
As for the bs about girls getting preference for mod over males pfft lmao, as CoDsNo65 said, most of the male staff prefer their own gender.

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
I think your pointing out to me because I joined the forums in June and started playing in March.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci