• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Armor and its Values

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Armor can save your life. And it's important to know how geared you are.

This strategy doesn't rely on calculating damage, it relies on knowing how much relative armor you have.

Full Armor Values:
Leather: 3.5 bars
Gold: 5.5 bars
Chain: 6 bars
Iron: 7.5

If you have under 6 bars, consider yourself understacked, and play less offensive.
If you have under 4 bars, consider yourself extremely understacked, and go all defense.
If you have under 2, consider yourself dead unless you get more chests :)

This can be very useful for knowing how long you can last in a fight. For example, an iron pro can stay in close quarters for about 4 seconds, while a leather pro may want to do quick "drive by"s.

Some Armor Equivalents:
Gold, Chain, and Iron Helmets
Leather, Gold, and Chain Boots
Gold and Chain Chestplates

If you see someone with a gold helmet, chain chestplate, iron pants, and leather boots, they're not understacked. They have 6.5 armor bars.

This is the easiest way to see if you have enough gear to go get kills.

Thanks for reading!

Armor info and images from the Minecraft Wiki

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey... Those images come from Minecraftwiki.net. Nice sources! I don't know if you should site it, but otherwise, nice!

K

KiDD

There's actually an app I had on my old phone named "Cornucopia" that was very handy with this type of stuff. I got a new phone and lost track of the application and I'm not sure if they've continued to update it. Nevertheless, informative and helpful stuff! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci