• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Art 101: Introduction

Would you like a series of this?

• Ye

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • make me a skin

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Just something I wrote. Perhaps one day I'll continue a series for this. Its a bit abstract and focused on an interesting point of view, so feedback is appreciated. There is many more aspects that make up what art is, so keep in mind this is just an introduction and how things correlate between each other.

You see, I will explain it this way. You learn to talk, you learn to write; each at its own pace, however you never stop learning. Through time, you start developing these skills, nurturing them and improving the way you communicate, and it can expand to other categories like fluency, spelling, grammar. The same is with drawing: You start working on it, improving, learning, referencing, studying, practicing, experimenting, and eventually you will show results.

However, with all these communication skills, if you don't practice and study, you will not get anywhere. The fact is, definitely practice makes perfect. But regardless, each learns its own way; I have learned all I am through referencing off others' work, experimenting on my own and doing my research. Art is much more than just artwork, it is the kernel of what art is, but art arcs into so much more; from history, to different visual arts, different techniques.

My forte has never been researching, I definitely hate it. But, I do make sacrifices which in the end help me by a mile. They make me more cultural, expand my knowledge fields. Why research is a nuisance for me is because I hate reading. I really do. But, I had once regret to read anything that cost me a lot of effort to. I am definitely lazy, however the reward after reading something is definitely worth it. Definitely what I hate reading is very rich in knowledge, but I do make efforts because I acknowledge that.

I like being explicit. I've always liked to take my work the extra step, and make it vast in length. Definitely the capacity of writing extensively takes practice, and I'm still improving on it.
What is the key of writing? To make your text richer, broad, consistent and also your opinion impartial. Definitely you have to think objectively: contemplate multiple situations, point of views for the sake of making your readers comprehend and acknowledge all these multiple point of views and understand that through analyzing all these factors, an opinion is made.

Definitely for all that I write I do take into consideration multiple instances, and not only until it suffices I can analyze and give the best opinion; (a)It makes us have a wider range of the topic, (b) we are prepared to answer questions that related to the topic, (c) with arching a topic, we can adjoin other topics and scenarios. This is definitely the criteria for theories and philosophy in general.

And just like with writing there are keynotes, the same applies with art. Nonetheless, the same keynotes can definitely be implemented into the way you want to sketch or draw, take a picture, sculpture.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The wonderful thing about art is that it's such a complex form of expression. There are almost an unlimited amount of ways to make art. You can sing, dance, draw, write, sculpt, craft, talk, etc. You can express through your mind, through your hands, through your heart. Art is endless :]

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
The wonderful thing about art is that it's such a complex form of expression. There are almost an unlimited amount of ways to make art. You can sing, dance, draw, write, sculpt, craft, talk, etc. You can express through your mind, through your hands, through your heart. Art is endless :]
yup, basically what I said. The text above is pretty much an analogy to other visual arts.

le quack

Platinum
Reaction score
i can draw stick men so my career has started.

Reactions: Fox

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci