• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Asian Server

Should they add one?

• Yes

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMCSam

Career
Reaction score
I don't get your point. In any matter. There are a lot of Filipinos, Indonesians, Singaporeans, Koreans, Malaysians. and most of the time.. Japanese. Asians had a huge step on joining the MCGamer community.
And Indians :/

UndeniableZombie

Experienced
Reaction score
I recon if people donated it would have survived. We had a lot of people go on there but not many people donate, AS we're in Singapore. Hosting a server in Singapore is expensive and we need constant donations to keep it running.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
and by the way. US players pay their donation. Why not put the extra funds for the host in Asia?
If you ran a company in America, would you run it in Asia just because you were making a profit?

Tranquilityy

Career
Reaction score
Hosting a server in Japan would probably also be expensive, and I don't know much about server hosting, but I think it would be pretty unstable if it were hosted in South Korea.

RvngeOG

Diamond
Reaction score
To the people mentioning that AS players should should make US their main region, AS players get a minimum of 150MS to US, and that would be with the fastest internet available. I personally get 240MS to US, 330MS to EU, and 400MS to AU, and this would be similar for a large portion of Asia, with the exception of areas like Japan and Hong Kong, who may get 150-160MS with fast internet. Bringing back the AS servers would be beneficial to a fairly large portion of the world, and there are staff who have said that they would be willing to moderate it. This being said, there would also be disadvantages and risks to bringing back the AS servers, for example, if Chad were to decide to bring back AS and there weren't enough players joining, then MCGamer would lose money, and reputation considering this is the 2nd time AS was up, and it shut down again. I think a viable solution to begin with it to introduce even 1, or 2, direct IPs to Survival Games lobbies hosted in Asia. There would be no need for a hub, since this would just be to test the AS community to see if players are still interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci