• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

"ban scouts"

do you agree

• Total voters

Porkstorm

District 13
Reaction score
I play have played on all the us, eu and au servers but they all seem to have the same amount of hackers. lots of hackers turn off there hacks when a mod/sir mod is on so i think there should be some mods that dont hve a red name but can still ban/kick people

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Sr. Mods are able to disguise themselves as any player (real or fake), which allows them to ban without people noticing them.

Mods also have the ability to /quit, which broadcasts a false message of them leaving the server, also allowing for unnoticed watching of hackers.

'Ban Scouts' are not needed, would quickly become pointless when people learn who they are, and open up a huge amount of opportunity for abuse.

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
They also enter lobby's without there name popping up saying
(0) <Sporangia> joined server.

This also makes the hackers not noticeable that a mod has entered the server.

But I always say something like "Hey Spor." so I accidentally break her cover.

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
so thats why stuff sometimes mess up, when the moderator sometimes fake leave....

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
I think they can :)
They can't

And hackers and rule breakers should feel as if mods are always watching them. This way they'd stop using hacks or breaking rules cause they're afraid a mod is in game noticing them. If we made people think we were never there, they'd always break rules. If we made them think we were always there, they wouldn't break any rules. In my opinion scout mods are pointless and give people the idea that they can break rules without people noticing.

Also in a sense, normal players are scout mods. They don't have red names and don't seem suspicious but they have the ability to get people who break the rules banned, through the report abuse section.

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
They also enter lobby's without there name popping up saying
(0) <Sporangia> joined server.

This also makes the hackers not noticeable that a mod has entered the server.

But I always say something like "Hey Spor." so I accidentally break her cover.
Yes. I notice you always destroy our ninja skills x)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci