• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Beginning to End; The Story of VEX: "The God Faction"

Fido488

Spectator
Reaction score

"The God Faction"
-Antster360
(Survival Admin)

IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS A SKYPE CALL

The VEX faction began as a group of friends from across the US (and one from New Zealand) with one thing in common: Robotics and MINECRAFT.

The faction began with a few members cowering under the ground, way to close to spawn, constantly forced to shift whenever anyone walked overhead. Deciding this was ridiculous they moved much further out ( between 2000-5000 blocks from spawn) and set up camp under a small lake that would be soon become the home of the VEX Faction.

TAKING FLIGHT

At some point they decided to move to the sky in order to protect the faction from raids. Centered over a small zombie exp grinder they began to build.

It was at this point where I joined the faction and we began building the "unraidable base."

THE GREAT WALL OF VEX
The final base is impenetrable to TNT cannons (including hybrid sand-TNT cannons), impossible to reach from the ground (until later) and has a solid obsidian floor. The base covered 9 chunks of VEX's 49 chunks of claimed land.

Outer Wall and under structure was built later

NETHER WART HANG-OVERS: BANDITO GETS A HEADACHE
VEX Needed a reliable source of money so some farming techniques were devised. Originally, water cleared wheat farm was built but it was soon converted to Nether Wart because of its profitability.

Banditofernando complained of headaches after farming ridiculous amounts of Nether Wart. When asked to collect even more he yelled in a delusional outburst, "NETHER AGAIN!"

We were able to artificially inflate the cost of nether-wart by using other faction members bids to raise the price thus allowing us to get lots of money from items that would have normally have sold for much less.

At one point we managed to sell 1 torch to Thin_Icee for $10k. I don't think we ever thanked him for that either....
Thanks Thin_Icee!
Edit: He claims it was only $8k.... Still... That's a lot for a torch.

THE HOPPER SORTER THAT BROKE THE SERVER IN 15 SECONDS FLAT
My pride an joy on the server was an 87 Item Fully Automatic Sorter.
Designed with faction raiding in mind the system had 6 empty chests next to Faction Home that allowed us to quickly dump an inventory of stuff to continue raiding. All items would then flow across the sorter and into their respective chests.

Resources

Mechanical Blocks

Foods

Auto smelter
(Iron, Gold, Raw Bacon, Raw Chicken)

Each item sorted requires its own chest and 3 hoppers.
  • 3 hoppers x 87 items sorted + 2 hoppers * 10 overflow chests + 30 connecting hoppers + 10 hopper auto smelter = 321 hoppers total
  • 321 hoppers x 5 iron = 1555 iron

According to Antster360, one week after this was finished, it created so much lag on the server that it crashed within 15 seconds of startup. So yes CEO_HUTCH... I guess it was me crashing the server... Sorry....

When I logged in after this I had no idea I was the cause of the lag. To my horror I found all of my hoppers had been world edited out of the base.
I nearly rage-quit at this point.

THE SUPER-DUPER IRON FARM: GOLEM IRONY

Once auctions were added to the server we decided that we needed more financial power. As we always seemed to have an iron shortage I started looking into building an iron golem spawner. After procuring several villagers from our zombie spawner (healed with a splash potion of weakness and a golden apple) I began the long process of drowning moving them up to just under the floor of our base. (Really though, I killed 4 villagers for every villager that made it to the top of the water elevator). Then began the construction on what is known as the IRON TRENCH (basically your average Iron Golem spawner on steroids). The design would output between 1,300 and 1,400 iron per hour.​

Sadly the spawner only lasted 4 days before the great hopper purge. So much for that plan...

THATONETOMAHAWK: NOW FEELING SHEEPISH

Warning: The following with contain a multitude of really baaaaaaaad puns.
I should probably start by introducing our sheep farm: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/xp-machine-vex-faction.54012/
There, I intoduced the sheep farm... What you want more?
Okay here goes.... So at this point our Super-Duper Iron Golem farm was raking in tons of money so we bought some sheep spawners. Okay... More than just a few.... Wool we had had around 36...

One of 4 separate sheep spawning modules.

With the cobblestone removed.

The 4 flow paths that lead the poor sheep to their doom

Stupid numbers of sheep piling up in the killzone

It was at that point where ThatOneTomahawk's faction came to us.... With the coordinates of our base.... Like a wooly bully... Scaring us sheepless....
And so began the bargaining and bribing to keep our coordinates private. For an undisclosed cost (many diamond blocks) he agreed to stay quiet.
If you want to hear him talk about our faction see his youtube post here (don't mind him walking around in his underwear):

Mr Baaaaaaa humbug (Tomahawk) and his faction was granted access to our sheep spawner as part of our bargain with the understanding that if we needed help protecting our base in the event of a raid he would come help us out. I don't think I need to ram home how important this ended up being later on.
The some of the last remains of VEX sit underground somewhere with a sheep spawner that will fill your inventory with wool in 10 minutes.

Needless to say our base probably has the most spawners you will find on any factions land.

MORE COMING SOON! COLLEGE IS GETTING IN THE WAY :p
You try being a robotics, computer science double major sometime

THE GOD ARMOR

TABOR THE GREAT AND TABOR THE BANNED

MODS RAID ON VEX

$1,200,000 DROP PARTIES: LET THE ECONOMY BURN

Like the post for more!

Last edited:

AeRaGraphics

Survivor
Reaction score
this is a joke. you were not that good and we slaughtered you. if it wasnt for tomahawk you wouldve been long gone. not to mention you dupe and placed a button purposely to lag the server pm me for screenshots of that.... (facepalm) and to top it all of when we were in your base we have plenty of evidence and proof you do not play fairly or legibly

Fido488

Spectator
Reaction score
Lulz... You ani't seen nothing yet.
I'd love to hear how you think we dupe. We had a Super-Duper Iron golem farm.
Also... That lag button was a joke. We had a giant wheat farm at one time and we jokingly said that it would lag the server.
Does it really?! No. Did the sorter lag the server? Well its gone now and we don't have waves of lag anymore so yes. (Completely unintentional btw.)
You guys did make it fun though so thanks however your initial entry into our base was on the back of a no-clipper

Tabor473

Spectator
Reaction score
So lets start at the top

You lost in a fight because we used our resources to get the aid of another group who was very skilled at pvp. Seems like that is something a God faction would do. We paid for an ally. Why didn't you have more people attack. Did you not have a stack of diamond blocks to pay just for 4 allys.

The button that "purposely" lags the server is just on a wall and hooked up to nothing. Great lag machine huh

You have proof we don't play fairly. I would love to see that because no one in our faction was running anything other than vanilla in that fight. For some of us experienced players GOD apples (God faction see the link) can be very useful. I understand that this may be difficult for some other people to understand.

And to wrap it all off

Ant and Dave have both spent a lot of time vanished in our base and they found the signs legible. The difference between our faction and yours is that the admins all want to see what we built and are interested in the vast quantities of resources we have.

ThatOneTomahawk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Inb4 flame war.

Anyways, great story so far and I can't wait to hear "ThatOneTomahawk: Now Feeling Sheepish" :p

Sam

Destroyer of Worlds
Reaction score
I think Yams will conquer the lands of minecraftia! (If echo doesn't raid me. Again)

oPhlashy

Spectator
Reaction score
Ever since i started on the Server you have always been known as the notorious "VEX" to me, so good job on that!:p

BetaPuffle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
:( I really want you guys to join my faction where we can become great.again!

And also how did you make that epic sheep farm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci