• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES BerBub Settlement

Do you think this map should be accepted?

• Yes.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No.

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
BerBub Settlement
Background Information
BerBub is short for Berry Bulb, which are the two focuses of the map, as well as the third one, Lilypads.
It includes several types of settlements, one in a swamp biome, one by donation markets (stacks of hay, melon etc) and one infested with blue berry bushes.
Each of these settlements have different types of berries in them, as well as different types of houses.
The final biome is the Lily Road-Coaster, this has a lot of water, but still can be used for PvP as there are leaves and lilypads in the water that act as roads (There's also a lot more tier 2's on that side of the map!)
Information
200 x 200 Radius
50 Tier 2's
150 Tier 1's
Screenshots

Let me know what you think, honest opinions please!

Cardon

Experienced
Reaction score
Bit flat, needs terraforming and detail.

MythicFate

Spectator
Reaction score
this is better than any mcsg map. all mcsg maps are flat. this map however is the most hilly map out of all the mcsg maps on the server. accept this please! vote it guys. it's actually a very good map ignore the haters. I love this map to death dude! voted it. hoping it gets accepted. thanks for making it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Whoever dislikes this map is retarded, this is better than any mcsg map. all mcsg maps are flat. this map however is the most hilly map out of all the mcsg maps on the server. accept this please! vote it guys. it's actually a very good map ignore the haters. I love this map to death dude! voted it. hoping it gets accepted. thanks for making it!
Awwwwwww thanks dude that's too kind of you :3 <3

Cardon

Experienced
Reaction score
Well to be quite fair, there is plenty of clear terraforming so you constructive criticism doesn't help much.
I was looking at photos from my phone. Now that I have my PC, I can see better. It's not a bad map actually, just lacks a bit of detail in the village areas. The mountains are beautiful. I dislike the houses, sorry. Maybe change the design slightly? :p Final thing, imo I dislike the lily pads. It does not add to the theme of the map very much.

Reaction score
I was looking at photos from my phone. Now that I have my PC, I can see better. It's not a bad map actually, just lacks a bit of detail in the village areas. The mountains are beautiful. I dislike the houses, sorry. Maybe change the design slightly? :p Final thing, imo I dislike the lily pads. It does not add to the theme of the map very much.
I can agree there. However the Lily Pads are quite a unique feature; maybe he can try adjusting them to better fit gameplay and the overall design of the map.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
A few thoughts:
- The big lily pad idea is great
- Trees arent good, they're oddly shaped and block usage is odd as well
- Not sure what's up with your choice of biomes, looks unplanned
- The hills don't make any sense, why make them look like triangles? Real terrain, even fantasy terrain, never presents itself in perfect shapes unless you provide a lore or reason for this in the theme, which hasn't happened.
- 200 radius is too small for your concept, try something closer to 225 or even 240 depending on how much flat space you have
- Tiering seems fine
- Houses are fine, not sure why you have gardens on the roof. This isn't the 22nd century, there's no practical reason for this to happen. If they're organic houses that's one thing, but grass roofs...? No.

Your organics are good enough to make the map stand out from others a little bit, but not enough. Other maps have used lily pads and oversized fantasy organics before. It's a no for me. I suggest taking a few days to revamp the map before trying again.

Reaction score
A few thoughts:
- The big lily pad idea is great
- Trees arent good, they're oddly shaped and block usage is odd as well
- Not sure what's up with your choice of biomes, looks unplanned
- The hills don't make any sense, why make them look like triangles? Real terrain, even fantasy terrain, never presents itself in perfect shapes unless you provide a lore or reason for this in the theme, which hasn't happened.
- 200 radius is too small for your concept, try something closer to 225 or even 240 depending on how much flat space you have
- Tiering seems fine
- Houses are fine, not sure why you have gardens on the roof. This isn't the 22nd century, there's no practical reason for this to happen. If they're organic houses that's one thing, but grass roofs...? No.

Your organics are good enough to make the map stand out from others a little bit, but not enough. Other maps have used lily pads and oversized fantasy organics before. It's a no for me. I suggest taking a few days to revamp the map before trying again.
Thanks for this Jusser! I needed a champ and someone who knows what they're talking about to tell me the problems, I will definitely revamp it and take on board what you said!
And I'm glad you like the lily pad idea because it really is the gem of the map and people just view it as bad for PvP"...thanks a lot and I appreciate your honest opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci