• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Better Sprint Mod has now been eliminated on our servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
Not possible, because Nodus doesn't tell the server that it's in use, unlike BSM.
I've been trying to explain to people why auto-detection for Nodus was impossible for quite a while now.. this is the simplest that it's ever been explained. I guess that's why you're a dev. ;P

Shandy

Survivor
Reaction score
Not possible, because Nodus doesn't tell the server that it's in use, unlike BSM.
Would this be a good idea?:
When your game is about to start (I know quite a lot of servers do this but its very useful) there should be a Noteblock sound that counts the last 10/5 seconds so you know when the game is gonna start. For example if I'm on skype or facebook talking to friends, I seem to not know when the game is going to start, and I die to a noob or my chest route gets stole etc. So, Its just an idea, but I think it would work really well and be an awesome implementation into these servers!

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Would this be a good idea?:
When your game is about to start (I know quite a lot of servers do this but its very useful) there should be a Noteblock sound that counts the last 10/5 seconds so you know when the game is gonna start. For example if I'm on skype or facebook talking to friends, I seem to not know when the game is going to start, and I die to a noob or my chest route gets stole etc. So, Its just an idea, but I think it would work really well and be an awesome implementation into these servers!
Make a thread about it in the Suggestions section.

ChocoMocoHD

Spectator
Reaction score
I have one question:
Wouldn't someone be able to replicate the toggle in BSM to 1.7 where they either use stickykeys(not sure if that works) or some autokey holder or something and have it basically like a toggle until they toggle it again?

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I have one question:
Wouldn't someone be able to replicate the toggle in BSM to 1.7 where they either use stickykeys(not sure if that works) or some autokey holder or something and have it basically like a toggle until they toggle it again?
Yes, on a mac if you use caps lock it's virtually the exact same thing. You could also set a macro so that if you press W it also presses the key that you set to autosprint (Although you'd have to disable it when you wanted to walk.)

ZombiePigThang

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes, on a mac if you use caps lock it's virtually the exact same thing. You could also set a macro so that if you press W it also presses the key that you set to autosprint (Although you'd have to disable it when you wanted to walk.)
Is that allowed though? considering.. it IS technically IN minecraft...

Geocraftable

Platinum
Reaction score
News and warnings regarding 1.7
Better Sprinting for 1.7.2 has been released with a couple news, but things don't work out all the time and server-side settings feature is broken. It will probably take several days to fix, as the plugin will need to be redone too. However, there are couple new features which should make the mod easier to understand and use, such as option to disable it from within the game or ingame tooltips for each option.

Next task is to create a proper Forge version which will not modify classes and allow for better expansion of features. Before that happens though, the coremod version will be available soon.

I'd also like to add some self-promotion here, Better Sprinting isn't my only mod and so I would be grateful if you checked out Hardcore Ender Expansion mod which adds a whole bunch of hardcore adventure aspects to the game. Thanks!
Quoted from the Minecraft Forum BSM post.

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
Quoted from the Minecraft Forum BSM post.
They're thinking about dropping support for 1.6.4 entirely soon, plus, Optifine won't take too much longer to update. I wouldn't worry about it that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci