• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Betting System

Good idea?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RedSeamonster

The Betting System:

I think it would be kinda interesting to have a way to bet on who would win, with payouts depending on if they did or not. You should get more bounty back, for instance, if the person you bet on has a lower number of points, and less bounty if they have a lot. The player who is being betted on would NOT gain points off of this venture. I think it would add a nice dynamic personally.

Feature List/Main Ideas:
-Player weighting (i.e. betting on a player with the bounty of 1000 will reward less than betting on a player of 73)
-Weighting based on the current status of the player (i.e. armor/weapon/hunger situation)
-Betting "time," all bets must be placed by a certain time of day

Anyways, post your thoughts/ideas here:

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
I feel that the bets should have to be placed in the lobby before the game even starts. That way, you cant just get easy points by betting on the guy that has full iron armor and diamond sword while the others have leather and stone sword.

R

RedSeamonster

I feel that the bets should have to be placed in the lobby before the game even starts. That way, you cant just get easy points by betting on the guy that has full iron armor and diamond sword while the others have leather and stone sword.
True, but that could also make the whole system a slight points drain as well because you are picking one person (or two) out of 24, 48, or even 120. But ya mostly I would think that's a good idea.

EDIT-- Added a situational aspect to the proposed features list.

R

RedSeamonster

Hm maybe a sort of time where all bets must be placed in... Like halfway through first day..? I'm not gonna lie I kinda started this thread on impulse and didn't think about logistics much haha.

R

RedSeamonster

Ok, if this were to be implemented, bets would have to be placed around mid day/noon. Maybe halfway between noon and the time when the chests refill. The person who placed the bet would have to remain in the game in order for the bet to be rewarded. If the player is to leave, the bounty will be forfeited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci