• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Booster-Check!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
Well, I guess this system could be a warning for moderators to look more into rather than just banning because the command comes out positive. This could just be a sort of heads up command so moderators are aware of a possible booster.
I dont completely agree with the boosting rule because it cannot be 100% proven.
Lets just say for example I choose to play some mcsg with my younger brother. We play for hours and we make it to deathmatch almost every time and we do a 1 vs 1 when we wre the last 2 players. I am better than my younger brother and we usually try to fight with the same items. If I win many times while playing and every game I play that day is with him would that be considered boosting even though he didnt do /kill. It would show up as me playing a ton of games with him and me winning many times. I dont think there is an accurate way of checking for boosting because something that looks like boosting may no be. Sometimes I have a really bad loosing streak then a come back with winning many games in a row while teaming with my brother because sometimes the communication between us is great. My brother never lets me win or kills himself but I am better than him. This is just one example of something looking like boosting when it is not. People might boost and it is not a good thing but there is no possible way to prove it. Lets just say I play with a friend and he keeps doing /kill and I dont want him to does that mean I get punished or the person doing /kill.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I agree there could be an alert of possible booster but there can not be a 100% certainty of boosting unless someone posts a video on youtube of them boosting.

Last edited:

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree there could be an alert of possible booster but there can not be a 1o0% certainty of boosting unless someone posts a video on youtube of them boosting.
I know, but this is just an early sign of a possible booster which can help Moderators a ton. It would be cool if all possible boosters go into a sort of list and if a player is proven to not be a booster, their name gets removed from the list.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
As I was saying before the forums crashed... (-_-)
As with any other ban, yes - evidence would be needed. That's why I never mentioned anything about the system banning them.
However, this would eliminate the need to spectate multiple games or go through their game history manually. It would, essentially, speed up the process and free up the Moderators' time to do other things like handle Report Abuses, moderate the servers for other rule-breakers, and also leave free time for themselves.

From what I heard from a Moderator, the way that they deal with people who are suspected of boosting is they go through that player's individual games and see if there was anyone who helped them boost. Or if that isn't sufficient, then they have to spectate the person's games. This would automate the process, freeing them up to do other things.

As you may know, MCGamer has been trying to find or create new ways to prevent rules from being broken.
Starting with the standard Anti-Cheat to block Reach, Fly, and Waterwalking, among other hacks, and then installing the Anti-BSM system. I've heard rumors that they're starting an Anti-Forcefield/Aimbot system similar to an idea suggested by Saimo, and if implemented this would be yet another way to make the process more efficient!

Edit:
Also, concerning the playing with bad friends part - If the "/boost game watch [playername]" tracked the remaining health of the two players, then if the last person standing had, say, 3 hearts left, then the system could conclude that they actually did fight. In addition, it could track when the third and second player died, to see if the people had time to regen, escape, etc.
Alright, I wasn't entirely sure how much you were saying the idea could weigh in on a ban, but this helped to clarify.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I know, but this is just an early sign of a possible booster which can help Moderators a ton. It would be cool if all possible boosters go into a sort of list and if a player is proven to not be a booster, their name gets removed from the list.
So you have to prove you dont boost in order to get your name off the list? Isnt that labeling you as possibly guilty until proven innocent. My problem is how do you prove someone is boosting and how do prove someone is innocent. The thing is you cant. I am not defending boosters but I am just defending all the people who might be seen as boosters but are not. You cant ban a hacker without 100% proof that they are hacking. Same with boosters. Even if a mod is alerted to a possible booster what can they then do to get evident of boosting. Its impossible to follow every suspected booster. Its nice to lay down this rule but it is almost impossible to enforce it. You cant get 1 video of a booster and ban them because it is not the same as hacking and cannot be proven in the same way.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
So you have to prove you dont boost in order to get your name off the list? Isnt that labeling you as possibly guilty until proven innocent. My problem is how do you prove someone is boosting and how do prove someone is innocent. The thing is you cant. I am not defending boosters but I am just defending all the people who might be seen as boosters but are not. You cant ban a hacker without 100% proof that they are hacking. Same with boosters. Even if a mod is alerted to a possible booster what can they then do to get evident of boosting. Its impossible to follow every suspected booster. Its nice to lay down this rule but it is almost impossible to enforce it. You cant get 1 video of a booster and ban them because it is not the same as hacking and cannot be proven in the same way.
It's more of putting them on a watch list, not a guilty list. There's no problem with that.

PaphoGamer

Quantum
Reaction score
I feel like evidence might still be necessary. What if I'm really good and I decide to play with my crappy friends? I might be able to defend them enough to keep them alive in the game, but in deathmatch I just kill them every time.
Im with RC_4777 :33

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Good idea in theory, bad idea for the real thing. Remember, automating things doesn't always guarantee anything. You might be putting some regular players on a watch list for nothing.

Also, it may be a tad bit difficult to create. Its always easier said then done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci