• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bows seems underpowered... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
I love the feeling when I come across a bow for the first time in a round. I know it means I will have an advantage when someone is chasing me (or vice versa). But to me it seems that because armour is prevalent, arrows don't keep the same advantage anymore. I think there should be some way for arrows to still be effective against other tributes. I realise that you can very easily defend against mobs using the bow, but because a majority of the main island is covered in trees, making sniping people relatively hard, the bow should be upgraded so that armour is not so resistant. I've seen many Death matches end quickly because someone tries to kill using a bow instead of a sword... It just seems against the nature of The Games that a stealthy weapon is less useful than brute force.

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
Yeah, that could work but then they could just as easily get enchantments on their armour, making the extra damage given by Power would be negated. Maybe to coutner this they could make it so only weapons (or just bows) could be enchanted...

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
hmm i thought that this would have had mroe support, i guess there just aren't that many rangers out there playing Surviavl Games... :(

smashballyoshi

Tribute
Reaction score
If all else fails, get a Power I bow from a skeleton. It's really fugging rare, but it's worth it.

Awopcxet

Experienced
Reaction score
i don't fell that a big problem killing wiht a bow, i won a death match with using a bow,but they are a bit underpowered

BigMo4Sho2012

Tribute
Reaction score
I agree. The bow needs to be made way more valuable. Overall in mine craft the bow is borderline worthless, I'd love to see that fixed on this server

Evolta

Diamond
Reaction score
Agreed. They should make bows enchanted. But once again, anything can be deadly in skilled hands.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Personally, I dont find the Bow underpowered because even though it does a smaller damage count, its a fear-based weapon. When its 1v1 and you pull out a bow from a distance, you clearly have an advantage for a moment, because you have range on your opponent. and 1 hearts damage prior can make the difference in ANY fight.

Kirbyflys

Tribute
Reaction score
I just use my bow to pick off people in the water, or to get a quick shot on them before I go in with my sword.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I just use my bow to pick off people in the water, or to get a quick shot on them before I go in with my sword.
exactly! the bow is for support, while the sword is everybody's main offence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci