• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Building a map but I HAVE A QUESTION!!

DiamondMapleLeaf

Spectator
Reaction score
I am a very experienced builder and I'm planning on build a Survival Games Map. I already have a theme for the map and a plan for the design. I know all the requirements and all that, I just have one question. Do I simply just build the map (with all the requirements of course) or do I have to do any other stuff like setting spawn points? And do I have to do whatever has to be done to make the chests generate random items each time or is all that done for you by the server if the map gets accepted?

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
Firstly, referring to 'spawn points', just ensure you make a cornucopia with 8 chests in the middle and 24 spawn points set equal distance from it (as the requirements mention I think). You don't need to mark them in any way because they will be clear to see!

For the chests, if you don't know there are 2 types of chests, tier 1 and tier 2. Tier 2s have better gear in them and you must mark these with an enderchest instead of a normal chest! Only have around 30 to 50 of these enderchests on your map though, along with maybe 150-250 normal chests which are tier 1 (depending on map size).

Hopefully this helped, just ask if you have any other questions :)

Reaction score
Although you probably shouldn't take my word for it all the way, I'm pretty sure you do not have to set the spawn points yourself. I believe you just give the developers the coordinates for your spawn and more but they set it up themselves.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Just build the map! You do have to tier your own chests, for example regular chests will be tier 1's while ender chests are tier 2's.

DiamondMapleLeaf

Spectator
Reaction score
Firstly, referring to 'spawn points', just ensure you make a cornucopia with 8 chests in the middle and 24 spawn points set equal distance from it (as the requirements mention I think). You don't need to mark them in any way because they will be clear to see!

For the chests, if you don't know there are 2 types of chests, tier 1 and tier 2. Tier 2s have better gear in them and you must mark these with an enderchest instead of a normal chest! Only have around 30 to 50 of these enderchests on your map though, along with maybe 150-250 normal chests which are tier 1 (depending on map size).

Hopefully this helped, just ask if you have any other questions :)
Thanks this really helped! One more question. Do I build a separate place for deathmatch or will it just be the place where everyone spawns?

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
Thanks this really helped! One more question. Do I build a separate place for deathmatch or will it just be the place where everyone spawns?
No problem :). And you can if you choose, around the same size as the spawn area (corn), just give the coordinates for it when you finish the map. Although you can just use the normal corn as the deathmatch arena if you want!

DiamondMapleLeaf

Spectator
Reaction score
No problem :). And you can if you choose, around the same size as the spawn area (corn), just give the coordinates for it when you finish the map. Although you can just use the normal corn as the deathmatch arena if you want!
Ok thanks. I'll probably just use the same one then. Also I just realized one more thing sorry if this is a lot f questions! XD
Are all the cornucopia chests supposed to be ender chests?

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I'll probably just use the same one then. Also I just realized one more thing sorry if this is a lot f questions! XD
Are all the cornucopia chests supposed to be ender chests?
Don't worry ;P, Yes, all the middle chests are enderchests :)

Aidan

Platinum
Reaction score
I think spawn is supposed to be x-0 and y-0 and 24 pedastools, (1 per person) and if you are doing a 48 player map, it should obviously be a bigger map, and 48 peds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci