• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bullying.

Rick Astley

Career
Reaction score
Hello. You guys may or may not know me, but to me, that is irrelevant. My IGN is Southward and if you see me around say hi.

Alright, that's enough introducing, today I am going to talk to you guys about something personal. I am hopeful that you guys will read and respect my story. Here goes:

So, I am currently Year 8 at primary school, I live in New Zealand and I have been affected by bullying. I am an emotional person, that's just who I am, I can't change that. But I have been made fun of because I swim and I don't play rugby, therefore I am deemed "weak". This of course makes me sad that they would call me weak, even though I go to the gym for swimming. I work out more than they do, I am Head Boy at my school and I am a lot smarter than they are. But somehow, because I don't want to play a sport that can seriously hurt people, I am a pussy. I don't know what gives them the authority to do this but oh well.

So, continuing the story. I do play rugby occasionally at school and there is one kid who thinks it is hilarious to make me cry. I am on the ground, trying to release the ball while 5 other kids are on top of me trying to drag the ball away from me. I held on, trying to release the ball while this kid kicked me and yelled "Release the ball you f**k wit!" so I did release the ball. And because I was crying after he repeatedly kicked me in the ribs, it was hard to make out what I was saying. But what I was trying to say was "I did release the ball!" but he just laughed as I ran away from the scene.

What infuriates me is that the teacher was watching this all unfold and she did nothing. The only thing she did was say to me "It's hard to release isn't it".

That is my story, do you have any advice to deal with this bully?

Tuatara

District 13
Reaction score
Luka, if you need to talk I'm willing to listen and support you. Here are some tips about what you can try to prevent this individual bullying you.

Stay positive. It can be hard to remember all your good points when someone is doing their best to be negative. Try to think of all the things you do well, and remember that you are a valuable person. Thinking of how bad the bully must be feeling can also help you stay positive.

Surround yourself with people who care about you. Surrounding yourself with positive people who know and like you for YOU can boost your confidence. This will help you let bullying comments more easily roll off your back. It’s important that you connect with people who genuinely care for you and recognize all of your great qualities.

Hang around other people. You might be safer if you stay in groups. If you are alone, try to identify people who can offer you safety.

Be confident. Bullies usually pick on people that they think are weaker than they are, so it might help if you stand up to them..

Keep out of a bully’s way. It might be possible for you to avoid the bully. This can mean getting to school in a different way, or avoiding the places that you know he hangs out. By avoiding a bully, you’re not giving in, but looking after yourself and making sure you are happier and more comfortable.

“Bullying Hurts
The place where it began is told to be the school.
The reason it started, was to try to be cool.
There’s children staying home, in fear of the pain
The possibility of loss is greater than gain.
They deal with the words, reactions and blows
But how much can you handle, really, who knows?
You knew you hurt their feelings,Playing your game
you didn’t care, Because you thought they were lame”

Rick Astley

Career
Reaction score
Luka, if you need to talk I'm willing to listen and support you. Here are some tips about what you can try to prevent this individual bullying you.

Stay positive. It can be hard to remember all your good points when someone is doing their best to be negative. Try to think of all the things you do well, and remember that you are a valuable person. Thinking of how bad the bully must be feeling can also help you stay positive.

Surround yourself with people who care about you. Surrounding yourself with positive people who know and like you for YOU can boost your confidence. This will help you let bullying comments more easily roll off your back. It’s important that you connect with people who genuinely care for you and recognize all of your great qualities.

Hang around other people. You might be safer if you stay in groups. If you are alone, try to identify people who can offer you safety.

Be confident. Bullies usually pick on people that they think are weaker than they are, so it might help if you stand up to them..

Keep out of a bully’s way. It might be possible for you to avoid the bully. This can mean getting to school in a different way, or avoiding the places that you know he hangs out. By avoiding a bully, you’re not giving in, but looking after yourself and making sure you are happier and more comfortable.

“Bullying Hurts
Thanks so much! If I need anything I'll be sure to message you on skype. Great tips <3

hakt

Platinum
Reaction score
I suggest finding some cool friends and hang out with them, Also just keep away from them.
It worked for me :)

Btw ask your mum to contact the school all about it and hopefully the kid will learn a lesson.

Rick Astley

Career
Reaction score
I suggest finding some cool friends and hang out with them, Also just keep away from them.
It worked for me :)

Btw ask your mum to contact the school all about it and hopefully the kid will learn a lesson.
Thank you for the tips :)

hakt

Platinum
Reaction score

“Bullying Hurts
Lol tuatara thx for all the likes, guess wut that means!!! A follow.

hakt

Platinum
Reaction score
I was bullied because I was like 9 and was 126 cm short But I found some cool friends and they had my back :)

Chajack

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello. You guys may or may not know me, but to me, that is irrelevant. My IGN is Southward and if you see me around say hi.

Alright, that's enough introducing, today I am going to talk to you guys about something personal. I am hopeful that you guys will read and respect my story. Here goes:

So, I am currently Year 8 at primary school, I live in New Zealand and I have been affected by bullying. I am an emotional person, that's just who I am, I can't change that. But I have been made fun of because I swim and I don't play rugby, therefore I am deemed "weak". This of course makes me sad that they would call me weak, even though I go to the gym for swimming. I work out more than they do, I am Head Boy at my school and I am a lot smarter than they are. But somehow, because I don't want to play a sport that can seriously hurt people, I am a pussy. I don't know what gives them the authority to do this but oh well.

So, continuing the story. I do play rugby occasionally at school and there is one kid who thinks it is hilarious to make me cry. I am on the ground, trying to release the ball while 5 other kids are on top of me trying to drag the ball away from me. I held on, trying to release the ball while this kid kicked me and yelled "Release the ball you f**k wit!" so I did release the ball. And because I was crying after he repeatedly kicked me in the ribs, it was hard to make out what I was saying. But what I was trying to say was "I did release the ball!" but he just laughed as I ran away from the scene.

What infuriates me is that the teacher was watching this all unfold and she did nothing. The only thing she did was say to me "It's hard to release isn't it".

That is my story, do you have any advice to deal with this bully?
To be honest, I've been bullied, name called or so and I really don't like it. The 'Bully' is probably bullying you because he scared of being bullyed, he's scared of getting hurt. So try and be a bit stronger. If it goes out of hand then go to a School Councilor. I've been bullyed. I've been called a weed, weakling, skinny arms and so on.

Skill

Platinum
Reaction score
Stand up to him, if you're strong, or you work out, you say you're stronger, intimidate him, I don't like violence and i'm just the same, don't use violence or anything unless self defense, but stand up to him, instead of crying, and running away, it makes him gain confidence. And pick on you more.

hakt

Platinum
Reaction score
Anyone who says Good to me I just beat them up and that puts them into the place
That's bullying :p well only if your defending your self, well actualy Luka you could start some sort of self defence class so if they're doing mean stuff like that to you, You can defend your self and be strong than that means they won't want to hurt you because your more powerful than them. Because bullies only pick on people weaker than them, Man I don't get bullies

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci