• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Clearly signified server types in SG (24/48/120 player servers)

ZaderPlays

Spectator
Reaction score
It frustrates a few people (me included) when you're about to click on an empty 24-player server in the server menu, and then it instantly switches to a 120 player server as you click it, making you join an empty 120-player server you didn't want to be in, thus forcing you to leave the server, open the menu and join another one, which again switched to an empty 48-player server, so on and so forth. My suggestion would fix this.

This doesn't really occur for people with super-lightning-fast internet, but I get a little connection delay, and that causes me to suffer through this about 5 times in a row before joining the server type I actually want.

This may not sound like a big deal, and it isn't. But from my previous experiences making servers, developing them, I don't think it would be difficult (correct me if I'm wrong) for the devs to make it clear which server type your actually joining. This would get rid of the confusion and annoyances of clicking the wrong things.

I've thought of two ways of doing this so far, one being simple colour codes, e.g:

24 player server:

48 player server:

120 player server:

Game in progress server (At the moment this is yellow, you don't really see them on EU or US):

Second way of doing it would be to separate the servers into three sections in a pop-up menu after
right-clicking on the beacon in your hotbar, something like this:
<--- (Expert photoshop skills here)

Obviously there are probably other more important issues to see to, but a quick little addition of this would be very nice.
That's basically it. Not a very important or crucial suggestion as I said before, but I think it will make life that tiny bit easier on the server. And a bit more appealing to the eye instead of a massive green block filling up your screen. :p

Reply with feedback or whatever since this is my first thread (apart from reporting abuse)
kthxbye.
;)

K

KiDD

I like. Definitely will be easier to distinguish the three.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Finally this idea is getting some attention. This is something that's annoyed me since v2 came out.

Personally, I support changing the colors, or maybe just putting the different servers in different rows of the beacon GUI.

ZaderPlays

Spectator
Reaction score
Finally this idea is getting some attention. This is something that's annoyed me since v2 came out.

Personally, I support changing the colors, or maybe just putting the different servers in different rows of the beacon GUI.

That sounds like a great idea actually!

Dexcom

Experienced
Reaction score
It frustrates a few people (me included) when you're about to click on an empty 24-player server in the server menu, and then it instantly switches to a 120 player server as you click it, making you join an empty 120-player server you didn't want to be in, thus forcing you to leave the server, open the menu and join another one, which again switched to an empty 48-player server, so on and so forth. My suggestion would fix this.

This doesn't really occur for people with super-lightning-fast internet, but I get a little connection delay, and that causes me to suffer through this about 5 times in a row before joining the server type I actually want.

This may not sound like a big deal, and it isn't. But from my previous experiences making servers, developing them, I don't think it would be difficult (correct me if I'm wrong) for the devs to make it clear which server type your actually joining. This would get rid of the confusion and annoyances of clicking the wrong things.

I've thought of two ways of doing this so far, one being simple colour codes, e.g:

24 player server:

48 player server:

120 player server:

Game in progress server (At the moment this is yellow, you don't really see them on EU or US):

Second way of doing it would be to separate the servers into three sections in a pop-up menu after
right-clicking on the beacon in your hotbar, something like this:
<--- (Expert photoshop skills here)

Obviously there are probably other more important issues to see to, but a quick little addition of this would be very nice.
That's basically it. Not a very important or crucial suggestion as I said before, but I think it will make life that tiny bit easier on the server. And a bit more appealing to the eye instead of a massive green block filling up your screen. :p

Reply with feedback or whatever since this is my first thread (apart from reporting abuse)
kthxbye.
;)
I really approve of this idea

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci