• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Come on guys...

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Everyday I come and check the forums hoping to find something interesting to comment on, and a lot of what I see instead is flamewars/arguing. I see a lot of people being hostile, whether it be towards a certain group, (Baccas. Yes, I'm defending baccas.) or a single person for a single mistake of theirs. People will make a typo, someone else will point it out and correct it, another will see a flaw in the grammar of the person who corrected it...an all out flame war ensues from such simple things.

What happened to the days when we could discuss who we thought was the best without going into a flame war? I mean sure, there has always been a bit of arguing/disagreements, (especially with clans) but these were usually minor in comparison. Nowadays, within hours of such a thread being made, flamewars can occur, usually involving a number of people who, sometimes, will not back down until they are proven right, which in some circumstances, will never happen. (for example, arguing about who is "better" at x task, even if the person arguing isn't defending himself but someone else. This is why I do not participate in such discussions and don't really pick any obvious "favorites".)

Now even I will admit that the baccas are annoying for even me (Did I need to admit that really? lol). Spamming, hacking, etc...but the moment one makes a type of clan thread for them, the spam of "lol bacca trying to make a clan [insert link to anti-bacca clan here]" followed by other comments that, while they may be "funny" to other active members of these forums, they can be hurtful and discouraging for said bacca and possibly to other baccas reading the thread. I mean, for all you knew...he could have been quite a decent person and a great edition to our community over time. Let him have his fun running the clan. If and when it comes tumbling down, that'll be enough for him to learn any kind of lesson. One that he feels was his fault. (Trust me, I was the kinda kid that was kinda that way when he was young - maybe I wouldn't have put on a bacca skin, but I would have been doing something to reference the fact that I was a fan.)

Now that the Hive is some "competition" for MCSG, I'm also seeing lots of people being upset about that. Lots of people have left MCSG for the Hive, and MCSG's community of course is going to kinda take a hit. Arguments between the two communities ensue, and discussions about it can turn into flame wars. (Which is why I suggest we not go into farther detail in this thread.)

It also doesn't help that, admittedly, MCSG is a bit buggy right now, (understandably so as MCSGv2 is still kinda new/1.5 Minecraft/MCSG doesn't have a lot of dedicated devs.) so lots of people who are upset (usually people who aren't necessarily active on the forums.) are blaming staff/devs and being hostile towards them. Then, next thing you know, people are insulting others for insulting the staff of the servers they love, etc...

Why can't we just be friends? D:

I understand this is a PvP kind of server, and people will be competitive...but there's a fine line between being a good sport and not being one. For so long the community was full of nice people, but overtime I've seen it degrade. Flamewars are all over the forums now...everywhere I go, there is at least one post that shows someones great annoyance for another person/statement.

Maybe this thread won't change anything at all, (in fact, in a week I can see everyone forgetting about it.) but I do want to state my concerns and see what you guys think. Have you seen this like I have? Even if you see yourself being one of these people who's caused flamewars in the past, don't be afraid to post here - I'm not pointing out anyone in particular.

Please refrain from any sort of flamewars in this thread. I don't want this thread to have to be locked for something like that, considering avoiding such a thing in the future is part of the topic of this thread...

TL;DR: Read the whole thread please. >.>

Coolman912

Career
Reaction score
Yeh this is true like a bacca made a just curious thread with grammar and everything but people hated on him/her.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Read it, true completely.

I only flame at baccas when they come on my profile and say 'noob' 'I can bash you' 'meet on us1337 in 2 minutes and I'll destroy you'

But hey, they were asking for it if I warned them first right? :p

Howsie22

Career
Reaction score
Someone pin this. :D
You make some really excellent points. I miss the days where you could come onto the forums and have a chat with some guy from America (I'm Australian) and we'd be kind to each other without having a go at one another over a game. Baccas are annoying but their just ordinary players who follow their idol, and there is nothing wrong with that. Some a hackers, spammers and just plain trollers but their are a lot more ordinary players who did the same thing anyway. The Hive is honestly NO BIG DEAL, as stated in another topic, they are like any other gaming/server community. People are turning this into something it shouldn't need to become and it is annoying a large number of people and puts even more stress on the staff of MCSG. On the topic of the bugs in MCSG and the all round stabilty of the game, ITS GETTING BETTER. They just relocated the AU servers to sydney which has improved the community I play in's lag. I'm also sure ChadTheDJ will eventually move the servers to places that will benefit his players. But as stated above, "Why Cant we be friends?"

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
T

TehHater

I mainly only dislike baccas because they shout at random mods and people because bajan got banned and they think he was banned for no reason...

Howsie22

Career
Reaction score
Just a friendly reminder, causing flame wars and harassing people's clans are banable offenses and are not allowed. <3(the heart makes it friendly)

Also threads about the hive and pretty much other servers being better, worse, etc will be locked due to it being irrelevant to our community and pointless. read more here: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/chad-sg6-could-be-a-problem.34189/page-15#post-325740

Last for the lulz:
so we cant mention the Hive at all?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci