• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Involvement - Creative Creative Map Idea - Déjà Vu

Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No.

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Equalitee

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello fellow community members!

My friend, Mariah | mccluremariah/Unprovided, and I have just recently come up with an idea that we think will bring the community together for something creative and entertaining!

This is our idea. We, as in the community, know that there are a number of amazing builders within the Creative Community. Our suggestion is that there is a map, made up of a number of different creative plots, made up of a number of different users within our Creative Community. This will not only allow people to show off their work, but it would also allow players to enjoy their creations within the Survival Games gametype without having to create an entire map. I personally think this is an amazing idea because it allows the community to come together as a group to create something that I'm sure everyone can enjoy! I also came up with the name! Déjà Vu!

If you think this is a good idea, please vote for it within the poll available to you above and I will try my best to somehow organize it.

Thank you all for your support!
<3

Christopher | Equalitee and Mariah | mccluremariah/Unprovided.

Last edited:

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Absolutely amazing suggestion, I've actually considered this idea myself a long darn time ago to which we make a survival games map out of creative plots! :p
I would love to have this work out. :D

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
I'm not sure about this idea.

I have been quite involved with builds teams and building as a whole for a while, and although it may be a nice creative map, I feel like a map isn't a map without a theme and story.
Take Icarus and Moonbase 9, the Red Forests maps, if you have a look at them, their thread pages you can see a story behind the maps.
I think the map should be a story and a theme, not a jumble of good building.

Individual work may be amazing, but I don't think lots of random themes will make a map unprofessional and in a way ugly. I'm sure other builders will do the same that when they start any build they decide on certain blocks that should be used more frequently and blocks that shouldn't be used at all.
With this map, you could get almost every block in minecraft, and to me it wouldn't look good.

Just my opinion on this, but this may be the future, and I am just being in a way old-fashioned with my idea and stereotype of a Survival Games Map.

EDIT: I completely agree with a project to let everyone come together as a group, but would individual building feel like a team or group project. To me, it would feel like many talented peoples builds copied and pasted into a single map. Maybe, an idea to get the whole commmunity involved with a single map, with one theme?

Unprovided

Spectator
Reaction score
To anyone who doesn't follow what we're trying to say here's a better explanation :)
Basically I was thinking about how many people on our server would like to participate in building the amazing maps that are played on this server but, since they're not very known or don't have a build team to help them build a map they finally have the opportunity!
We could have a contest where people could build many different items (Houses, skyscrapers, etc) and they all follow a certain theme (so it's not a jumbled pile of randomness), and if their build is the perfect match for the map it would be included and their name would be shown to show their skills and hard work. I feel like this idea would help the members show their creativity and help them become more involved with this community help bring more activity to our wonderful Creative server c:

ALSO: If anyone would like to add their opinions and/or ideas to this thread PLEASE DON'T HOLD BACK, we want to know how you feel and make this a lot more personal to our community.

Thank you and have a great day,

Mariah (Unprovided)

Enlighten

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
To anyone who doesn't follow what we're trying to say here's a better explanation :)
Basically I was thinking about how many people on our server would like to participate in building the amazing maps that are played on this server but, since they're not very known or don't have a build team to help them build a map they finally have the opportunity!
We could have a contest where people could build many different items (Houses, skyscrapers, etc) and they all follow a certain theme (so it's not a jumbled pile of randomness), and if their build is the perfect match for the map it would be included and their name would be shown to show their skills and hard work. I feel like this idea would help the members show their creativity and help them become more involved with this community help bring more activity to our wonderful Creative server c:

ALSO: If anyone would like to add their opinions and/or ideas to this thread PLEASE DON'T HOLD BACK, we want to know how you feel and make this a lot more personal to our community.

Thank you and have a great day,

Mariah (Unprovided)
This seems like a great way to get the community involved in creating something that they will be able to enjoy daily. If you can pull this off to create a great map I am all for this idea! I also do agree with what was stated, we do have so many talented people in this community and some people don't always want to try and make it into a build team or make a whole map on their own. :)

Unprovided

Spectator
Reaction score
This seems like a great way to get the community involved in creating something that they will be able to enjoy daily. If you can pull this off to create a great map I am all for this idea! I also do agree with what was stated, we do have so many talented people in this community and some people don't always want to try and make it into a build team or make a whole map on their own. :)
I'm glad that you agree c: I hope we can make this a project in the near future!

Unprovided

Spectator
Reaction score
Anyone have more ideas or opinions on this? We wan't to know what you all think!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci