• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Convert SG Classic into 1.7

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
As we all know, the classic servers have been dead for almost all of their lifetime. The fact of the matter is that v2 MCSG is much better than v1. On the other side of the spectrum, many believe that mcgamer v1 is superior to mcgamer v2, in the fact that 1.8 pvp is worse. Instead of having dead servers, it'd be better to draw in old players, and even new players that use 1.7 exclusively.

The great part about this is that when mojang pushes the update to 1.9, the classic mode will be there for players who want to experience old pvp before the update. The hub would have to be removed from the main ip, and given it's own at classic.mcgamer.net.

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Cool idea! The only issue i can see with this, is we would have to make the hub compatible with 1.7 as well, which would result in us losing a lot of the hubs features.

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I do agree that SG Classic should be brought up into the somewhat current present. But I also believe that SG Classic should be a gamemode that does not involve the use of Fishing Rods.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci