• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

CrispDesire's Tactics

Was this helpful?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tuatara

District 13
Reaction score
Hello, my name is CrispDesire. I have recently noticed the lack of in-depth, detailed tutorials or guides on how to PvP on MCSG. I decided to make one that includes some very unusual and interesting tactics.

PvP

Use a decoy weapon.

A person with decent gear notices that you only have a stone sword, so he charges at you. You strafe to the side and murder him with the enchanted diamond sword you had hidden away. See how easy that was? If you can make a person believe that you're just another noob, they will attack. You will most likely kill them very easily if you can surprise them like this.

Use everything as a weapon.

Fishing rods, cakes, lava, water, fall damage, bows, fishing rods, swords, axes, flint and steel, cobwebs, boats, mobs, traps, glitches, crashes. These can all be used as weapons in your favor. Underneath the PvP category will be all of the uses for all of the items that I listed above.

Surprise the enemy.

Hide behind corners and knock them into a pit as they run by. Jump at someone from above. Snipe them from afar. All of these things and many more can be used to surprise the enemy, and giving them that much less of a reaction time, which allows you to hit them way more.

Strafe, and don't do what the enemy expects.

If you're running away from an enemy with the most OP armor in the game and you hardly have anything, the guy probably thinks that he's already won. Quickly spinning around and placing a flint and steal right in front of where he's walking will do the trick. He probably didn't expect it, and you got away. Same thing goes with strafing. Don't just stand there motionless hitting your target repeatedly. Jump around. Spin in circles around them. Use fire. Disorientate them.

Use your bow, even at close range.

In my honest opinion, bow spamming is not a bad thing. It could be annoying, but it works. In my opinion, you should use a bow whenever the enemy is not in range. Lets say it's deathmatch in MCSG. The OP guy is trying to run at you, but he can't get to you because you keep shooting him back with a bow or a fishing rod. Eventually you can break the cycle and attack him with a sword, or even kill him if you were using a bow.

Last edited:

Res

Diamond
Reaction score
This is very helpful. Most of these tactics are greatly overlooked, but they are usually the most useful.

Tuatara

District 13
Reaction score
This is very helpful. Most of these tactics are greatly overlooked, but they are usually the most useful.
Thank you very much! I appreciate that feedback. Hopefully you might use some of them! They are very simple and useful tips but not many people use them such as a decoy weapon. I hardly see people using decoy weapons these days. Hopefully I can try bring it back. c:

JaviGBU

Platinum
Reaction score
This guide may be very helpful for new members and beginners :) i like it

Pd : as mirkoz said , add boats . BoatKillsFTW! :3

Kreix

Experienced
Reaction score
10/10 exquisite gameplay pvp God himself has come down from his mountain dewritos haven and blessed upon us with his secrets.
Note: fishing rods are so op they count as 2 separate things under use everything section

Tuatara

District 13
Reaction score
10/10 exquisite gameplay pvp God himself has come down from his mountain dewritos haven and blessed upon us with his secrets.
Note: fishing rods are so op they count as 2 separate things under use everything section
Yeah, sure ok? xD I don't really understand that. Haha. c:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci