• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Updates Deadly Descent Map Updates - 20th August 2015

AlpakaWhacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

SURPRISE! I bet you weren't expecting this Map Update. Today we have 3 New maps for Deadly Descent which should actually already be live and playable on the servers.

The 3 New Maps are "Mario's Cyclone", "Storm" and "Turris Tremores"

Congratulations to all the Map Makers for their maps being accepted and I'd like to encourage more people to create maps for Deadly Descent.

Map Name: "Mario's Cyclone"
Created by MCGamerzism and Niekrm (Helix Build Team)

"This maps concept is obviously...Mario!
The map is complete with classic items such as coins from all games, surprise crates, pipes, plants and power ups from all eras of the game. The map now has randomly generated blocks for you to get down, which will make the games a lot more fun and quicker :)
Good luck surviving the cyclone!"

Map Thread: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/marios-cyclone.183484/

Map Name: "Storm"
Created by TheMCPharaoh, Fule, ItsCNR and others

"This is a Deadly Decent map based on the Greek myths and tales about Zeus (The god of the sky). He has a weapon that can create thunderbolts and we thought that that could be a nice theme for a Deadly Decent!"

Map Thread: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/storm.197557/

Map Name: "Turris Tremores (Revamped)"

Created by XDBFplaysGamesX of Team Revolution

"
Venture down to the means and depth of the Tower known for the tremors it gives when one journey's to the bottom of the tower! People fight and hurt to finish the quest in which was nodded upon if done right. People have perished in the endeavor, and only the bravest of the bravest try, even if death is soon to come. Are you suit to go down what is known as the Fallax Decent?"

Map Thread: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/turris-tremores-»-revamped.193098/

Please note that this Map will appear on the servers as just "Turris Tremores" however it is the Revamped version. The reason for this is that this is the first time this map will appear on the server so although it has changed since the original iteration of the map, the original map was never on the server.
(I hope that makes sense)

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
Like the new maps, but can I just make one quick enquiry about the new map 'Storm'..

Being a gamemode in which you literally have to fall to floor as quickly as possible would the use of the cobwebs be alright. Couldn't people just jump from the top hit a cobweb near the bottom ruining the game?

If this had already been taken into consideration then it's fine, just pointing it out in case it somehow went unnoticed.
AlpakaWhacker

Freshly

District 13
Reaction score
Congratulations, everyone! Great adds, hope to see some of my future projects here :p

AlpakaWhacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Being a gamemode in which you literally have to fall to floor as quickly as possible would the use of the cobwebs be alright. Couldn't people just jump from the top hit a cobweb near the bottom ruining the game?

If this had already been taken into consideration then it's fine, just pointing it out in case it somehow went unnoticed.
AlpakaWhacker
We'll see, I had thought about that but the map has been made in such a way that I don't believe that would be possible as the Cob webs towards the bottom are on the outside of the map so any cobwebs you happen to hit are going to slow you down considerably.

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
We'll see, I had thought about that but the map has been made in such a way that I don't believe that would be possible as the Cob webs towards the bottom are on the outside of the map so any cobwebs you happen to hit are going to slow you down considerably.
Alright, that's fine.
As said, I was just making sure that this was already thought through. I couldn't see that from just the screenshots, so it's my bad.
Thanks for the swift reply.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci