• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Deathmatch Timer

J

District 13
Reaction score
Hey!
So I was playing SG when I chased a game, I almost got him, but on the podiums in pre-deathmatch, he gappled and able to regain hearts. I was a little annoyed at this, and thought do we really need this timer? I mean you do need a few seconds to load the map, but is 10 seconds too much? What's your thoughts and opinions on this? Should the timer be reduced? Should the timer stay? etc.

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
I know what you mean. Ive had that happen before. But then again. Ive had that save me before to.
In my opinion I think it should stay the way it is. It gives me time to analyze the map and think about my game plan.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
I know what you mean. Ive had that happen before. But then again. Ive had that save me before to.
In my opinion I think it should stay the way it is. It gives me time to analyze the map and think about my game plan.
Yes, And anyways, DM timers are for everyone to load the map, at least we should give the slower loaders some time to think as well as panicking and wondering "where am i".

I guess that's just your luck. =/

SuperMCSam

Career
Reaction score
speaking as a semi-lagger, the timer is really important for me. It's like a 5 second break for me. If there was no timer, i'd probably have a 1/1000000000 ratio <3

NagolGames

ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ / ʀᴇɢɪꜱᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ɴᴜʀꜱᴇ
Reaction score
I believe that the only reason why we have the timer once teleported to deathmatch are for those users who do not have the best-of-the-best computers. It gives their computer a few seconds to catch up with itself and load everything.

It is annoying, I feel you in that aspect, but hey, I guess it is what it is, right?

Don't hold it against me though! I could be dead wrong!

NagolGames

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
On my old computer, it took me more than the 10 seconds to load the map. Now, it takes me 3-4. I think it's good to have it just so that people with slower computer don't start a deathmatch without moving ;)

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think deathmatch needs two improvements.
1) The timer needs to be 5 seconds.
This would still allow the map to load and for players to gapple (1.6 seconds), but it would drastically reduce randy teaming. And if the map doesn't load in 10 seconds, I don't know how you would win an SG anyway, with all that lag.
2) Players should be spread out.
There are a few maps where the spawn platforms are extremely unfair. Take Winds of Change, for example. If there's a hacker or a team, you're dead in 2 seconds. SG Adrenaline doesn't suffer from this, but many do. Maybe there are 2 spawn podiums between each person?

Serecno

Career
Reaction score
i want it to stay. how am i supposed to be randy teamed on otherwise??

+ on a map like winds of change the others are already in range of your sword and would have no chance to escape a stacked player if you could hit instantly.

I guess 5 seconds would work aswell eh..

Disingenuous

Platinum
Reaction score
I personally think it would be a great idea because it would minimize the chances of people to 'randy team' on you in deathmatch. Which I'm sure everyone finds frustrating at the best of times

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
5 seconds would be golden as a timer, or have something like solar frost/hive where everyone spawns equal distance away, and there are big covers you spawn in instead of small podium blocks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci