• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Determining Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felix Griffin

Tribute
Reaction score
I was working on a new map idea, and I had an idea that seems like it might be really cool.

Would anyone be interested in using a map with this?

I've set up four identical note blocks in various positions on the map. All connected and looped by a chain of repeaters. When someone presses a switch on one block, it sends a pulse into the loop.

By hitting multiple switches in a pattern, a short musical phrase could be transmitted through the map. This would be good for sending signals between allies, if only you knew what each one meant.

Does this sound like a good idea? I'm using MC Edit to copy and paste so that each of these areas is identical.

cheezstiks

Experienced
Reaction score
How it's bad.
That would be crazy hard considering the fact that 4 noteblocks is only a small fraction of what you would have to use to make sure wherever you teamate would be could hear it, plus the redstone. Would the switches be hidden or out in the open? What if someone else other than you teamate flicks the switch? That would be why people use skype to talk, or they simply stick together. Plus, what if mapmakers don't want this idea or your contraption is too small, then what?

How it's good.
I do like the idea because there may be people who don't use skype and lose their friend in a forest, and it is similar to the actual Hunger Games with the mockingjays. Also if there will be only about four noteblocks and you planned out what your going to do with your friend before the game you could get to a spot and send a certain tune and the person would reply etc.

I don't know if it is a good idea or bad so yeah... :|

Felix Griffin

Tribute
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback!

I built a prototype in the map that I'm working on, and it's set up so that it can just be copied and pasted with MCEdit into whatever rooms you want. So there could be as many or as few as you want--all the rooms have the same four note blocks (G-B-D-G2), so the tune will transmit from one room to the next, then back. If you press the "G" button, a few seconds later, all the noteblocks on the map play a "G".

thebuckster1

Tribute
Reaction score
It sounds intriguing... I think it would be something useful, but not widely used. The range for one thing, as stated be cheez, is extremely limited, and the chances that someone other than your teammate ringing the bell are rather high... I think it would be ok to give it a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci