• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Don't come here for help

LukeTheCat

Survivor
Reaction score
I've been browsing this sub-forum a while now and I've noticed most threads asking for build help/ suggestions are littered with misinformed replies. -[snip]-

One of the first replies is a suggestion that OP gets an i7 4790k over a (perfectly fine) i5 4460. Then, the community decides to jump on the i7 bandwagon and tells OP that he needs this processor.

Why is this so bad? Surely the i7 is better than the i5 and would be a great addition to his computer?

Yes, the i7 is obviously the better processor, but OP's original build was around the $1000 mark. There is no reason to upgrade the CPU when a 4460 won't even come close to bottlenecking a GTX 980, nevermind a 750 Ti, which is what OP posted. Sure, Minecraft is a CPU-intensive game due to Java, but there's no point spending almost $150 more for only a slight performance increase. What I'm most concerned about is the fact that not a single person in that thread suggested an SSD to OP.

So, what I've made this post to say is do not come here for build help or suggestions. If you want help from people who actually have knowledge of computers, one of these website/ subreddits will help you.

Build questions and advice:

/r/buildapc
/r/pcmasterrace
AnandTech
Tom's Hardware
PCPartsPicker Forums

Entire build suggestions:

/r/buildapcforme
PCPartsPicker Build Guides / Completed Builds
LogicalIncrements (Good for getting rough builds)

Hopefully this prevents at least one person from wasting money by asking for help in this sub-forum. I'd also like to politely ask the moderators to stop posting in this sub-forum if they don't know what they're talking about.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exult

Survivor
Reaction score
But dude the higher numbers are better

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member