• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Factions on MCSG

Should We Bring Back Factions

• Yes

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

JPWDiamond

Platinum
Reaction score
Now as some old time MCSG players know there was a gamemode called survival (Factions). This gamemode brought a lot of fun to MCSG and if you were having a bad day on Survival Games you could hop on factions and just relax. This gamemode did bring some trouble to the server by making a little more hostile community but the fun outweighed the trouble it caused. Factions would bring a lot of old community members back to MCSG and create a more fun environment #BringBackFactions

CultHD

Experienced
Reaction score
i think the devs should focus on sg before they bring something else in.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
....This gamemode did bring some trouble to the server by making a little more hostile community but the fun outweighed the trouble it caused....
Tell that to the people who actually had to clean up the trouble and drama it caused... like me. Personally, I don't think the outbursts were worth it, and I have no reason to believe reintroducing Factions would play out differently now than in the past.

Besides, the point of the gamemode refocusing was to refocus on our primary gamemodes, not invent new ones to further distract us.

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
MCSG provides its player base with a variety of game modes to play. Factions is not one, and I doubt it will ever be reinstated a place on the server of MCSG.

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Tell that to the people who actually had to clean up the trouble and drama it caused... like me. Personally, I don't think the outbursts were worth it, and I have no reason to believe reintroducing Factions would play out differently now than in the past.

Besides, the point of the gamemode refocusing was to refocus on our primary gamemodes, not invent new ones to further distract us.
I believe the reason you had such an issue with the aftershock is because you didn't really enforce the rules to their full potential and often let it slide. The only thing that destroyed factions was Tomahawk's forehead thing, I feel like if we reintroduced factions with a harsher penalty system in addition to adding some chat filters and other helpful plugins. Factions could be something even more than it was last time, and bring not only PVP personnel, but a whole new group of people that enjoy making powerful factions to rule the land. In addition this influx of people would add more people to donate towards the server with the /kit command.

Lastly, you have to remember Factions rivaled Survival Games more than any other game mode and occasionally surpassed the amount of people playing Survival Games. Look at how the community has grown and changed throughout the almost 2 years it has been gone.

I say let us give factions another chance, and let the community develop new friendships and competitive rivalries! #BringBackFactions

JPWDiamond

Platinum
Reaction score

I understand that it was difficult to clean up the mess made by factions, but I still believe that it would be a great thing for the MCSG community to bring back factions(Bring some new members in). As you see many other servers such as TheArchon have factions and function perfectly fine. About the gamemode refocusing I believe that we should get rid of the other gamemodes that people don't play and just have battlegrounds, survival games, and factions but that is just my opinion. Just because we had a bad experience in the past with factions doesn't mean we should give up on it.#BringBackFactions

Last edited:

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
The server just got a new update, why do we need another game mode? Can we not just be grateful for what we have. Yes, I admit it may be nice to have Factions. However, the server was running out of memory less than 1 month ago. For all we know the server may not get enough Donations to add Factions. Who knows?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci