• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide Failed to login: Bad Login *SOLUTION*

L

Lululioness

So, I have been noticing quite a lot of posts on Chad's wall about this problem, so here are some solutions.

SOLUTION 1
Make sure you are playing on an account YOU BOUGHT. If you got a randoms account off the internet it WILL NOT WORK. Trust me, I learnt from experience >.<

SOLUTION 2:
1) Open minecraft launcher.
2)Open options and select the force update option.
3)Type in your login info and hit enter.

This worked for me.

SOLUTION 3:
Restart Minecraft and/or your computer.

SOLUTION 4:
Get rid of any texture packs/mods that you think may be causing the problem due to your computer not being able to run it. This solved it for me, I was using a texture pack that had quality too high for my laptop xP

SOLUTION 5:
IF you have 2 PCs (let's just say a laptop and a desktop for example) and you have your minecraft account open on one and you go to play on your other PC, it will give you the bad login. To fix this, you need to close Minecraft on the other pc and restart minecraft on the PC you want to play on.

Thanks to CaptainJS for suggesting this!

If you have and/or find any other solutions write them as a reply and I will add them :)

Elisha

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There's actually a guide about this btw. But yeah I think this goes in-depth about the situation.

Tal_Pal

Platinum
Reaction score
I believe this thread should be stickied, if anyone disagrees you can un-stickie it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci