• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fortune Island (Juanhbk1)

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
Looks amazing just keeps getting better and better but that mermaid idea wasnt mine but still awesome!
Woops sorry about that thanks to LEGACY for that suggestion :)

Anything else you might wanna see mattr?

Kaj235

Spectator
Reaction score
Not sure if youre taking suggestions on new structures but how about some sort of secret underwater base like that jamming station called the Looking Glass in Lost. Think that would super cool as a little homage to Lost. Also, I'm interested in making a map, is it hard or pretty easy to do?

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
Not sure if youre taking suggestions on new structures but how about some sort of secret underwater base like that jamming station called the Looking Glass in Lost. Think that would super cool as a little homage to Lost. Also, I'm interested in making a map, is it hard or pretty easy to do?

I thought about doing something like that, but Im not that good at underwater structures and not that many players will find it.

As for making the maps start off with WorldPainter, make interesting landscape then add structures:)

Kaj235

Spectator
Reaction score
yea it would be kinda hard to do. Thanks for the tip too! I'll take a look at it for sure.

Kaj235

Spectator
Reaction score
Alright, I know you said youre not good at underwater structures but is it possible to create the map like you did and then go into creative mode and make a structure? I made a rough underwater structure in like 10 minutes and with glass walls and torches its pretty easy to spot. Here is an album of it http://imgur.com/a/WQ7tw .
Obviously you don't have to do it but I found it not too bad, just have to create the frame, and a tunnel for a door, and then place blocks inside to get rid of the water and be careful not to break the outside walls haha. Again it's your map and totally up to you, just thought I would show you what I did.

Arkandji

Tribute
Reaction score
It looks great to me but I dunno if the forest isnt slightly too dense? Can players actually move along smoothly? Or do you wanted it to be obstructed and very claustrophobic? Could be cool feature I guess, especially since the map doesnt appear to be much too big. I don't like it when I get lost too fast and cant find other players ^^

Another plus would be that it actually reminds me a bit of the jungle in the first movie/book. That arena was based on a more or less forest.

You could - maybe - add more rivers to the map. But thats just a personal preference of me.

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
It looks great to me but I dunno if the forest isnt slightly too dense? Can players actually move along smoothly? Or do you wanted it to be obstructed and very claustrophobic? Could be cool feature I guess, especially since the map doesnt appear to be much too big. I don't like it when I get lost too fast and cant find other players ^^

Another plus would be that it actually reminds me a bit of the jungle in the first movie/book. That arena was based on a more or less forest.

You could - maybe - add more rivers to the map. But thats just a personal preference of me.
The map is pretty small, so the dense forest is good, the structures and most chests are also more near the shore to encourage people to stay on beaches :)

About the rivers, I was thinking of adding a river through most of the dense jungle connecting both sides of the huge lake in the island.

Also guys I have started work on the temple on top of the mountain, it's already a challenge getting up the mountain, so should there be any traps/parkour areas in the temple?

What are your thoughts on this?

Legacy

Survivor
Reaction score
Obviously, there should never be an easy way to get to DA TEMPLE ^^
If possible, maybe you could add a "jump quest" that requires you to jump from bamboo shoots to bamboo shoots (stacked fences XP) But then again, random fences might ruin the overall theme.

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
Obviously, there should never be an easy way to get to DA TEMPLE ^^
If possible, maybe you could add a "jump quest" that requires you to jump from bamboo shoots to bamboo shoots (stacked fences XP) But then again, random fences might ruin the overall theme.
Ahaha, the thing is the mountain itself takes about 5 minutes to climb ^_^

As for the shoots, I think not, the fences are a bit buggy right now, as the player, on top of them, appears to be floating, it'll be hard to calculate jumps like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci