• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

FRAPS Help?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoontherMC

Career
Reaction score
Hello forum community of MCGamer,
I want to preface this thread by saying I've tried other recording software but they just didn't work for the computer and I will not be changing from FRAPS, so please don't tell me to get rid of it, thank you!

For the longest time I've always wondered why my FPS never reached above 50+ while recording even if my FPS without recording was 60, 120, or even more. Finally, today, after doing some online research I figured out that FRAPS for some reason will lock your FPS in the 40-50 zone even if you set the recording FPS to 60 or 120.

Proof of Frame Lock:

Even though it shows 45 FPS locked I still record and upload videos at 60 FPS and they show up at 60 FPS. Now I wouldn't care at this point as long as my videos were 60 FPS, but I find it extremely hard for me to play Minecraft while recording at a locked 45 FPS, it doesn't feel like 45 at all either, feels a lot lower.

I was wondering if anyone on the forums by chance used FRAPS and has fixed this problem, or if a forum member doesn't/has this problem.

I have yet to keep doing internet research on how to fix this, if I EVER find how to, but I thought a thread like this wouldn't hurt.

Yachty

Quantum
Reaction score
I would let go of FRAPS and get Mirillis Action ;-;

GoontherMC

Career
Reaction score
I would let go of FRAPS and get Mirillis Action ;-;
That was already recommended to me, I cannot spend money on this so I had to try and download the cracked version (link was provided by the person who recommended) and all I got was viruses that produced more viruses that produced more viruses, etc.

Fortunately I have the right programs to get rid of the viruses and everything luckily went through easily.
I want to preface this thread by saying I've tried other recording software but they just didn't work for the computer and I will not be changing from FRAPS, so please don't tell me to get rid of it, thank you!

GoontherMC

Career
Reaction score
I have a cracked one ;)
If you can send me how to (without viruses pls I beg) then that would be amazing, I wanted to try it out.

But I am still looking for the bug fix to this FRAPS FPS lock!

Speech

Platinum
Reaction score
Ok so there two solutions.

1. If you have a dog this is the solution for you.

Step 1: Cover your dog peanut butter and jelly.

Step 2. Create a circle with some chalk on the ground.

Step 3: Place the dog in the circle.

Step 4: Write the name "Fraps" on some forks.

Step 5: throw the forks at the dog yelling "PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME."

This should fix the problem. If you don't have a dog then you are screwed.

GoontherMC

Career
Reaction score
Ok so there two solutions.

1. If you have a dog this is the solution for you.

Step 1: Cover your dog peanut butter and jelly.

Step 2. Create a circle with some chalk on the ground.

Step 3: Place the dog in the circle.

Step 4: Write the name "Fraps" on some forks.

Step 5: throw the forks at the dog yelling "PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME."

This should fix the problem. If you don't have a dog then you are screwed.
Yes finally a good answer with steps!

"Cover your dog..."
Nevermind... xD

AppleCiider

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
u can get camtasia for free here (which is better). it worked for me:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics