• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide Fushi's Guide to A Successful Art Thread

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I use gradient all the time, just you can never see it well enough >:D
They're mainly for the background though. If you want to it to be more visible, try picking one color that's much darker than the other.

shootingsignals

Survivor
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more with the overuse of gradient D: although in the use of metallic objects it can look good but when people use it primarily for shading it usually ruins a perfectly good drawing :c nice thread too with some useful tips :3

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Am I the only who who hates when people say "See you do better!" when someone criticizes Art/TV/Film (It applies to a lot). The fact that you cannot make a better one does not mean you cannot give feedback, tell them what they are doing wrong. An Art critic probably can't paint better than most of the art he scrutinizes, but he can still say what they have painted right or done wrong. Of course when giving feedback don't be an ass to the creator. And having knowledge of the thing you are criticizing always does make for a better worded and more in depth review but the human eye is good at seeing bad things and good things. Just because he can't paint for his life doesn't mean he can't say someone else's painting is rubbish.

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Am I the only who who hates when people say "See you do better!" when someone criticizes Art/TV/Film (It applies to a lot). The fact that you cannot make a better one does not mean you cannot give feedback, tell them what they are doing wrong. An Art critic probably can't paint better than most of the art he scrutinizes, but he can still say what they have painted right or done wrong. Of course when giving feedback don't be an ass to the creator. And having knowledge of the thing you are criticizing always does make for a better worded and more in depth review but the human eye is good at seeing bad things and good things. Just because he can't paint for his life doesn't mean he can't say someone else's painting is rubbish.
This my friend, is how criticism works. You don't have to be a superstar athlete to know that someone isn't playing football great, or an iron chef to tell someone that they make terrible food.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci