• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Events Gamemode Spotlight: MCSG Maker - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordyy

Quantum
Reaction score
I don't know. AU kinda just gets ignored when it comes to events, so most of the people have given up by now. Even when I was mod by ideas were ignored even though I put hard work into them :c Good luck with the GS I guess.
Just play at 6:30am like I do :)

Kirsten

District 13
Reaction score
Like I said I don't think AU should be getting less events or want for AU to feel like it is getting ignore either. If we were to run a GSL on AU the timezones would be difficult which would most likely mean running a separate Spotlight on there. If another staff member wants to do it they can talk to me and we can see what can be done. But literally to be honest you are the second person that has requested it, so I just fear that there won't be enough people. It may be better to explore other event possibilities on AU. Events that require less people to be fun.
I agree, not most people in AU have a forums account, so they are less informed of each event that goes on, if AU was ever going to be included in events. However, with your idea on running a separate event for AU players and also identifying the problem with most AU members not having a forums account, there could possibly be a Global chat announcement on the server instead, it gains the players attention and it'd be a whole new thing that some players are introduced to! :)

That's just my idea, but good luck with event otherwise, good luck to all players, make sure to have fun and keep the event smooth and clean, no dramas :)

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I agree, not most people in AU have a forums account, so they are less informed of each event that goes on, if AU was ever going to be included in events. However, with your idea on running a separate event for AU players and also identifying the problem with most AU members not having a forums account, there could possibly be a Global chat announcement on the server instead, it gains the players attention and it'd be a whole new thing that some players are introduced to! :)

That's just my idea, but good luck with event otherwise, good luck to all players, make sure to have fun and keep the event smooth and clean, no dramas :)
We try to get global chat announcements for every Gamemode Spotlight. However rarely are we able to get one. Reason being is that they must be done by and admin, and we only have three admins. The odds that one is available to log on to MC and do one is slim even for the US/EU spotlight. For an AU spotlight it would be even harder as they would most likely be asleep.

But yes, they help attendance a ton!

Just play at 6:30am like I do :)
And now it will be 6:00 am I think. ;-;

Tafallita

Platinum
Reaction score
Can I get the participation medal if I'm in ts during the event???

Burningcupcakes

Platinum
Reaction score
Pearlyyy Jordyy I would be willing to get into organising a specific au event, if you guys want to slide into my dms and hit me up with some ideas Ill see if I can create one and get the au community involved. I'd be happy to do the organising but I am a bit short of ideas.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Tomorrow is week 1! Remember, we are starting 30 minutes earlier than we did during the last spotlight. See you guys there!

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Locking this thread as week 1 is over! Week 2 thread will be up soon with the updated leaderboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci