• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

GLSL Shaders and SEUS Information {1.7.2}

Did you use shaders in 1.6.4?

• Yus

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Nu :'(

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
In the unfortunate case of anyone not realising that shaders has been recently updated to 1.7.2, I have created this thread to inform you of it. If you do not know what shaders is, it is a mod that brings shadows and other realistic lighting to minecraft and was available in 1.6.4, it has taken a large amount of time to update because of the complex changes in the Minecraft code and thus the needed changes in FML (forge mod loader). At the current time shaders is in beta and so is very glitchy and buggy, shaders is now compatible with optifine so I recommend installing this as well to boost your fps. The links to all parts needed of the GLSL shaders and an updated shader pack (Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders) are as follows:
SEUS - (not the official page, but is the updated version)

GLSL Shaders - again not the official page but is the updated version

Forge - Using the 1.7.2 download(1.7.2)

Optifine - Latest version (20/01/14)
Tips

• Use standard shader pack with no resource pack to check FPS and compatibility.
  • If you get a white screen when using the mod - follow this tutorial: (possibly use the second fix if you don't have a NVidia GFX card.)
  • Follow this tutorial if you do not know how to install the mod (using the links in this thread that are updated)
  • If your game crashes when using the mod, your PC is probably not powerful enough.
  • System Requirements - Just try the mod and if you can support the mod I would expect 30-90fps and possibly more with optifine. If you get lower FPS reduce your render distance to short or tiny. If you have a decent computer but cannot run the mod currently I suggest waiting for Optifine compatibility.
  • To fix the login issue (logging in to any servers from a hub ie. MCSG), login to a single-player world with shaders turned off then logout and in to the MCSG hub. Try joining a game and it should work. If it doesn't try multiple times.
If you have any questions or would like me to add anything to the thread please ask below. I am not an expert on computers but I can fix basic things so just throw the questions at me.

Last edited:

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
In the unfortunate case of anyone not realising that shaders has been recently updated to 1.7.2, I have created this thread to inform you of it. If you do not know what shaders is, it is a mod that brings shadows and other realistic lighting to minecraft and was available in 1.6.4, it has taken a large amount of time to update because of the complex changes in the Minecraft code and thus the needed changes in FML (forge mod loader). At the current time shaders is in beta and so is very glitchy and buggy, also I have found that it is yet not compatible with optifine. This means that only the high-end computers can run the mod without additional FPS increase add-ons (optifine). The links to all parts needed of the GLSL shaders and an updated shader pack (Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders) are as follows:
SEUS - (not the official page, but is the updated version)

GLSL Shaders - again not the official page but is the updated version

Forge - Using the 1.7.2 download(1.7.2)

Tips

• Use standard shader pack with no resource pack to check FPS and compatibility.
  • If you get a white screen when using the mod - follow this tutorial: (possibly use the second fix if you don't have a NVidia GFX card.)
  • Follow this tutorial if you do not know how to install the mod (using the links in this thread that are updated)
  • If your game crashes when using the mod, your PC is probably not powerful enough.
  • System Requirements - Just try the mod and if you can support the mod I would expect 30-90fps and possibly more with optifine. If you get lower FPS reduce your render distance to short or tiny. If you have a decent computer but cannot run the mod currently I suggest waiting for Optifine compatibility.
  • Currently I can log in to any server including MCSG (with shaders) but when I try to join a game I receive an error message - Exception Connecting:IllegalReferenceCountException : refCnt: 0 @ io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf:1173 - I was wondering if a developer could assist me in deciphering whether this is an MCSG plugin problem or a shaders-related issue.
If you have any questions or would like me to add anything to the thread please ask below. I am not an expert on computers but I can fix basic things so just throw the questions at me.
It's shader related, it's not optimal for multiplayer yet.

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
I think I may have. Login to a single-player world with shaders turned off then logout and in to the MCSG hub. Try joining a game and it should work. If it doesn't try multiple times :D

Mortalx9000

Experienced
Reaction score
I think I may have. Login to a single-player world with shaders turned off then logout and in to the MCSG hub. Try joining a game and it should work. If it doesn't try multiple times :D
Thanks! It works :D

iHaxors/Jess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Is it compatible with Optifine? If so, can I have help getting it with optifine?

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
Currently shaders is not compatible with Optifine but it is being worked on. Find the latest updates here, as they continually update the mod. To install with optifine download the latest version for 1.7.2 and place in you mods folder (go to search then type "%appdata%" - .minecraft - mods. Your mods folder should contain 1.7.2 optifine and the core shaders mod. Follow the tutorial above for more information.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
The preview shaders together with rain makes some sick fog which can create even better screenshots! Check it out

And that error thing happens on quite a lot of servers, but only hub servers for me (such as hive, hypixel, but mcsg works for me), very annoying but will hopefully be fixed!

iHaxors/Jess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The preview shaders together with rain makes some sick fog which can create even better screenshots! Check it out

And that error thing happens on quite a lot of servers, but only hub servers for me (such as hive, hypixel, but mcsg works for me), very annoying but will hopefully be fixed!
Yes and the new yellow effect ;P

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Difference between GLSL and SEUS?

ARB1T3R

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Difference between GLSL and SEUS?
Different shader pack. There are many shader packs much like recourse packs. They were originally separate mods but SEUS discontinued theirs and now most shaders are just turned into shader packs. GLSL shader is the core mod.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci