• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide - Getting Started with Youtube (READ)

Kcinayy

Platinum
Reaction score
Getting Started with Youtube - Guide by Kcinayy

Although I don't do Youtube myself, but am planning on doing so, I wanted to share my kind of 'Guide' of how to get started with Youtube and increase your chances on getting big.

Nowadays, I see more and more people starting Youtube, not knowing what the hell they've started and/or what to do, people with bad mics, video's in 360 pixels or people playing on 10 FPS. Those are some basic things that if improved, a high amounts of subscribers could be achieved.

How to make your content better
  • Get a decent computer (video-card, processor etc.)
  • Get a good mic
  • Learn how to commentate (practise on speeches)
  • Upload in 720 or 1080 pixels
Those are the basic 'visual' things that could help getting your Youtube bigger and well-known. Getting a decent computer (video card, processor) will help you record smoothly. A good mic will help in people being better to hear what you talk about. Learning how to commentate is handy, but not necessary, a thing I would do is practise on your school speeches :p
Uploading in 720 or 1080 pixels can be done on programmes like Sony Vegas by rendering it will improve the visual quality of your videos.

How to make your Youtube page look better
  • Get a banner
  • Get thumbnails
  • Get an avatar
  • Get a good name
Getting a banner, thumbnails and an avatar will make your Youtube look more professional, if you are an artist yourself, you can make them for yourself. If not, you could contact an artist (duckluv321 is recommended :p :p )on the artists section on the forum. Getting a good name is important too, try not to use number, but a short and powerful name. (so no things as xxXZPeopleKillerzxxxXZpQWERTY1234489) :p

How to spread your Youtube around

• Post a thread on the media section of this forum
  • Tell your friend (irl and/or on skype)
The best way to advertize your channel is ofcourse to let other people know about it and tell it to other people ;)

Optional

• Motion blur
If you do not have the best computer and you get around 40-60 FPS while recording, try using motion blur. This a an extra that makes your FPS look very high when rendering, it is included in programmes such as Sony Vegas!

I hope that this was a usefull thread, I didn't make it too long and only put the basic things in, so it should be perfectly understandable! :)

It would be appreciated to say whether it helped you! :D

Kcinayy

Last edited:

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Moved to community guides sub-forum.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Can I get Sony Vegas for free I want motion blur ;-;

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
Good guide! Also to make yourself stand out more from the crowd:

Facecam
Background music (quiet just to fill out the blank spots + i like chill music in videos which make me relax and enjoy the video ;3)

Juggernaut

Platinum
Reaction score
Good guide! Also to make yourself stand out more from the crowd:

Facecam
Background music (quiet just to fill out the blank spots + i like chill music in videos which make me relax and enjoy the video ;3)
^ I have a crappy mic, and music helps get rid of the "white fuzz" in the bg ;)

Reactions: Wyz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci