• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Guide] How to install Shaders and OptiFine [1.6.2]

Reaction score
Hey guys , I wanted to make this little "Guide" thingy for all the people wanting to install shaders! It is pretty easy and if you do it right you will have some beautiful shaders in your minecraft! NOTE: THIS IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS.I DON'T KNOW IF THIS WORKS FOR MAC TOO. AND THIS IS FOR 1.6.2!
Go to http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...c6-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-much-more/ .Then scroll down a little bit and after the "1.6.4 Versions" you will see something called "Older versions" and under it having a spoiler (Show) button and download one of the two 1.6.2 versions.Then to download what you like press the "Download" button.
2. Go to http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...rs-unbelievable-shaders-and-glsl-shaders-mod/ and search (CONTROL+F) this : "Shaders Mod 2.0.1 for use with Minecraft 1.6.2" and press it , remember this is the link that goes you in the thread for the MOD not the shaderpack. When you get there scroll down a little bit and you will see a something saying "For Minecraft 1.6.4" and under it , it will be something saying "Download ShadersModCore-v2.0.1-beta18-mc1.6.2-f859-ofuc4.jar" and then it wil be a spoiler (Show) button , press it and download whatever mod you like (every one of them are 1.6.2) , I personally prefer beta 15, but your minecraft may need another one. When you decide which one you want , press it and it will go you to a post made by the creator containing the download button.
3. Go to http://files.minecraftforge.net/ and search 9.10.1.859 . This is the one for 1.6.2
4. Now as we are done with this , search in google or any other search engine "Minecraft 1.6.2 shaderpacks) and download any shaderpack you want.
5.Now press your Windows button which is navigated in the left down corner of your keyboard (it will look like a flag) and search %appdata% and press enter. Now if you have wrote it right , it will open a folder which somewhere inside it will have a folder called .minecraft . Open it and make a new folder called "shaderpacks" and an other one called "shaders" and put into your "shaderpacks" folder the shaderpack you have downloaded. Now press the forge installer (9.10.1.859) and it will open you a little window , from there press the install and you will see that in the .minecraft folder a "mods" folder. Drag in there the OptiFine mod you chose to download and the Shaders Mod mod you chose to download.
6.Now open Minecraft with the Minecraft 1.6.2 launcher and press the profiles list.You will see that you have a new one called "Forge". Click that for your profile and press "Play". When your minecraft loads , go to Options and you will see a new button is created , the "Shaders" button. Press it and you will see your shaderpack. Click it and leave the Options menu and click a world/server and play! (Note: If your minecraft crashes , get another version of the Shaders mod and maybe a new shaderpack if it keeps on crashing)
Hope this guide helped the community and thanks for reading!

mr_pendle

Diamond
Reaction score
It is like the same thing but you just have to find a shaderpack containing a MAC_ something file , this is how I know it for mac only , sorry if I didn't help , I only own a Windows PC.
ok thanks

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Dat shaders <3. Looks amazing with anything.. you can make a freaking block of poop look good with shaders.

People be like " wow thats one nice looking piece of poo you got there"

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm gonna try this out *fingers crossed*, hope it works!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci