• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hacked Clients vs Optifine

Mark27

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
i have done some thinking and i know that the MCGamer staff team has most likely thought about this to.

Everyone hates hackers or players who are cheating, right?
Now this is an opinion of mine that i have thought of for a while, this could either go really good or really bad.
To fully get rid of hackers and hacked clients would be for developers to turn off all clients to the server, which means no clients other than the minecraft client its self would work, while connecting to MCGamer.
This would mean no Optifine though, and this is the concern which most players would not like.
Most players do use optifine, and banning all clients would take away the privilege to use Optifine.
So debating weather to get rid of all clients, which mean no Optifine, or keep all clients and have hacked clients as a part of MCGamer.

Leave your opinions on this topic down below, thoughts are always appreciated!
mark27 :)

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
As most of you will know. I detest hackers. I love Optifine, But I'll do whatever it takes in order to stop hackers. I support you if this is what you think needs to be done. But I highly doubt that would happen, Optifine is used by may people. People pay for the "Optifine cape". Lets see how this thread plays out before we jump to conclusions...

~Vanth
Hey everyone,
i have done some thinking and i know that the MCGamer staff team has most likely thought about this to.

Everyone hates hackers or players who are cheating, right?
Now this is an opinion of mine that i have thought of for a while, this could either go really good or really bad.
To fully get rid of hackers and hacked clients would be for developers to turn off all clients to the server, which means no clients other than the minecraft client its self would work, while connecting to MCGamer.
This would mean no Optifine though, and this is the concern which most players would not like.
Most players do use optifine, and banning all clients would take away the privilege to use Optifine.
So debating weather to get rid of all clients, which mean no Optifine, or keep all clients and have hacked clients as a part of MCGamer.

Leave your opinions on this topic down below, thoughts are always appreciated!
mark27 :)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well, it's more than just "turning off all clients". In fact, I'm not even sure that's possible. Would I be willing to make that sacrifice? Yes, but I'd miss my cape ;_;

Then again.. Seems like everyone and their mother has an OptiFine cape nowadays so I guess it's not that special anymore.

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
I agree 100%. I think it would be sad, to lose Optifine. But if thats what we have to do...

~Vanth

Well, it's more than just "turning off all clients". In fact, I'm not even sure that's possible. Would I be willing to make that sacrifice? Yes, but I'd miss my cape ;_;

Then again.. Seems like everyone and their mother has an OptiFine cape nowadays so I guess it's not that special anymore.

Quantum
Reaction score
I don't think that's possible.. And as Ceroria said, I don't wanna lose my cape. ;-;

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
First off, "turning off all clients" isn't really a viable option. MCGamer would lose way too many players that refuse to play without Optifine. It's a nice idea, but not an idea that is likely to be implemented.

Reactions: Aze
Reaction score
I can run League in Ultra settings with 100 fps, but if I have lowest settings in Minecraft, I have 10 fps (just because the game structure is pure donkey crap), so I think a lot of people will quit if Optifine will not be allowed/possible.

Mark27

Platinum
Reaction score
First off, "turning off all clients" isn't really a viable option. MCGamer would lose way too many players that refuse to play without Optifine. It's a nice idea, but not an idea that is likely to be implemented.
completely understood, just trying to get some opinions from the community :)

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
Tbh, if we really want to combat hackers to the max, everyone should record them, not just mods. So many times have I seen people leave the game after saying "hacker". I know not everyone can record, however, the more people that stay to record them the more we will catch :D. Remember follow your instincts and your hearts. :) Only together can we fight the hackers :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci