• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Help with dodging arrows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
Ok, so recently I've been getting a lot better with a bow and currently I'd say I'm a little above average. But I've been running into people that are so good with a bow. I mean just OP. They 10 heart me because it's like I'm always running into their arrows and just over and over sloooowly going down in hearts, until I'm dead. It's really pissing me off so much. I've tried EVERYTHING. Blocking arrows, Zigzagging, I switch up my movements and they are basically unpredictable (or so I thought). But It's like these people constantly ALWAYS know what I'm about to do. I've even tried just acting like I'm about to dodge but staying in the same spot. NOTHING WORKS. It's like the read my mind and know exactly what I'm about to do, and like I said there's no pattern to my movements. PLEASE. HELP.

DeformedChild

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sprint to dodge arrows, not sprint jump.

Getting hit doesn't matter too much at close range - just put lots of distance between yourself and the opponent.

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
Sprint to dodge arrows, not sprint jump.

Getting hit doesn't matter too much at close range - just put lots of distance between yourself and the opponent.
I do sprint. I don't sprint jump.

I stopped reading at
Thank you. Thank you for being disrespectful and providing absolutely nothing for what I was asking. I simply said I was decent. You have no right to judge whether I am good at pvp or not. You have never seen me even fight.

Thank you for those of you that actually tried to help me and give me tips :)

Last edited:

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
Protip: immediately after you fire your bow, jump out of the way. Always be very alert, and react quickly.

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Honestly, it's all about speed and predictability. No one can read where you're going next unless you repeat the same movements. They can however hit you while you are aiming if you're not fast enough.
So be quick and mix up your movements and you shall have a grand ol' time.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
The only thing I've tried is alternating between sprinting and walking (and occasionally jumping as they shoot if they consistently miss low). If you want to know how to dodge arrows without the serpentine pattern, ask Theoremz . He's the bloody master at it. My saving grace against bow spamming is not missing my own shots.

Screw swordsmanship; I <3 archery even in real life as I happen to own a compound bow, a target in my backyard, and a goodly supply of arrows. ^_^

Addendum: I'm also working on acquiring broadhead arrows to eventually try hunting. I haven't really shot moving targets (except one very unlucky crow) except in Minecraft.

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
Just try and find new ways to strafe, and if you know it won't work, compromise and block arrows.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Just try and find new ways to strafe, and if you know it won't work, compromise and block arrows.
Seeing as a fully charged arrow shot is equivalent to a diamond sword hit, blocking one's sword really doesn't do all that much if the person has more than five arrows in any one scenario. If you're in a situation where you have to resort to just blocking your sword, you're basically screwed. Just run and find cover (city alleys and forests work wonders if you don't run into objects in double F5 mode like I do lul).

Theoremz

Diamond
Reaction score
The only thing I've tried is alternating between sprinting and walking (and occasionally jumping as they shoot if they consistently miss low). If you want to know how to dodge arrows without the serpentine pattern, ask Theoremz . He's the bloody master at it. My saving grace against bow spamming is not missing my own shots.

Screw swordsmanship; I <3 archery even in real life as I happen to own a compound bow, a target in my backyard, and a goodly supply of arrows. ^_^

Addendum: I'm also working on acquiring broadhead arrows to eventually try hunting. I haven't really shot moving targets (except one very unlucky crow) except in Minecraft.
ily bby <333

Spaiu

Experienced
Reaction score
Here are some tips

1) use your surroundings. If you use trees/buildings to hide behind you have a much higher chance of avoiding arrows

2) Counter your opponent. Try and trade hits if not hit him/her more than he hits you. Try and think like them. If they bow spam you, run diagonally towards them occasionally moving backwards slightly, stopping ect.

3) be smart. If they are OP like you say, try and ovoid charging at them taking hits. go another way to get to him or avoid the player. The worst thing to do is get yourself stuck between a player with bow skills and no way out.

4) use these tips/tricks and you should be somewhat better at avoiding arrows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci