• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How come a lot of good PVPers can hit me like 2 or 3 blocks away from me but I can't?

Krafty

District 13
Reaction score
NoCheatPlus has no options to decrease the range of the default Minecraft, what it does do in-fact is stop hacked clients from using increased ranged on his (which is what these confirmations probably meant is that it "decreases" that "increase" hacked cheats create). Src: https://github.com/asofold/NCPDocs/blob/master/Features.creole
NCP actually does affect the reach, I've played on servers without NCP and I did have a greater reach than I did on MCSG, I don't know how to explain it but this is from first person experience, coming from a huge lagger.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
NCP actually does affect the reach, I've played on servers without NCP and I did have a greater reach than I did on MCSG, I don't know how to explain it but this is from first person experience, coming from a huge lagger.
Yeah, the problem with NoCheatPlus is that the range that it decreases can be delayed through lag. Yeah it does affect it, but the plugin actually does not have a function nor way to "decrease the range of the player", through the servers point of view.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Yeah, the problem with NoCheatPlus is that the range that it decreases can be delayed through lag. Yeah it does affect it, but the plugin actually does not have a function nor way to "decrease the range of the player", through the servers point of view.
When I was a mod on Six's server, and was talking to him about the massive reach present on his server, he said quite the opposite. He said that the reason he was unable to decrease the range was that he didn't have MCSG's NCP setup, and, being in touch with Antster, Aeruner, and (possibly) the developers themselves, I think he would know what he was talking about.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
When I was a mod on Six's server, and was talking to him about the massive reach present on his server, he said quite the opposite. He said that the reason he was unable to decrease the range was that he didn't have MCSG's NCP setup, and, being in touch with Antster, Aeruner, and (possibly) the developers themselves, I think he would know what he was talking about.
I think I know what it is. Well, it's not necessarily a decrease in range, but the sensitivity MCSG has it set to, quite possibly is far too sensitive for these checks and thus making hitting range really small (at least with this "momentum" having the opponent run at you), especially when either the client or server are lagging.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
I think I know what it is. Well, it's not necessarily a decrease in range, but the sensitivity MCSG has it set to, quite possibly is far too sensitive for these checks and thus making hitting range really small (at least with this "momentum" having the opponent run at you), especially when either the client or server are lagging.
That very well may be true. Everything I've been saying thus far has been from the view of an experienced PvP'er, knowing the mechanics of battle, but not the actual mechanics of the game too well (though I have picked up on some from more experienced modders and coders). From personal experience, I still feel like the issue occurring here is possible without any lag, and rather speaks to some flaws with his PvP style, but lag definitely could be a factor.

cmclay

Experienced
Reaction score
Zeno i feel you are taking this to heart just relax

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci