• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How does my in-progress MCSG map look so far...

NoahSinishtaj24

Spectator
Reaction score
I think you should start with terraforming. You're going to have to put your buildings on it, so it would probably be beneficial to do that :p
In my map, it basically a big Mediveal city, therefore, it doesnt require much terraforming, The terrain i'am going to be forming, are mountains surrounding the city, I didn't do much planning on the size of the map, so I decided to wait until I was finished with the cornucopia, and the buildings. Thanks for the suggestions though ;)

NoahSinishtaj24

Spectator
Reaction score
As they have already stated, terraforming. How you do it is your choice, as long as the end result turns out good.
Also, for the Podiums at the Cornucopia, sometimes when you stand on End Portal blocks, you glitch. That might be a bit annoying later on.
Looks nice, though.
Make sure to spread out chests, have some traps/hidden secrets/parkour etc., and various perks that make maps fun.
My personal opinion is that there should be at least 1 enchantment table, 2 if it's a large map. I don't know the radius, but you could probably find a place to put one very easily because of the theme.
Thanks for the tips, will do :)

NoahSinishtaj24

Spectator
Reaction score
Update:
- Fixed Cornucopia
- Cornucopia structure started
- Added more buildings
-Started on Terraforming
-Map size determined
2014-01-12_12.15.28.png

Ben67482

Survivor
Reaction score
Looks good IMO but how come corn is so close to the edge of the map?

JF2MC_

Tribute
Reaction score
Your dome is too small , if you want this map to be accepted you need to make the map at least a 200 x 200 radius in size

Here's a terraforming tip: Don't use world edit to terraform,use Voxelsniper and it's blender ball command.

/b bb
/v #(block id)
/b # (brush size)

NoahSinishtaj24

Spectator
Reaction score
Your dome is too small , if you want this map to be accepted you need to make the map at least a 200 x 200 radius in size

Here's a terraforming tip: Don't use world edit to terraform,use Voxelsniper and it's blender ball command.

/b bb
/v #(block id)
/b # (brush size)
Thank you for the tips sir, this will come in handy, much appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci